We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Scan & Cut color fill question

denver1717denver1717 Member Posts: 1
Hi,

Where is the "No Fill" color option when dealing with objects in scan and cut?  There are five different menu options to choose a fill color, but I don't see where I can toggle to not have a fill color under a single one of those menus.  The only way I can remove the color is by going through and selecting 0% opacity for each shape.  Aside from this being time consuming, my efforts are wasted when I export the CWPRJ file as a FCM file.  I can't see the lines I want to see (I only want to see the lines on every object in the file, I don't want anything filled in with color) because some of the objects revert to being 100% opacity color filled white and blocking the lines of my other objects.  I have tried bringing the objects being blocked forward to see if that will make the lines visible, but that does absolutely nothing.  The objects I am working with are a bunch of nested offset lines.  I tried loading the FCM file to the Scan & Cut machine and chose the draw function to see what would happen and the thing, started filling in the 100% opacity white objects that I can't change to "no fill" (I don't understand why you'd want to fill in objects with those little tiny markers to begin with, your stuck with just the one color plus I can't imagine the ink would last long).

Thanks for your help!  Someone did tell me there is a Facebook forum for Scan & Cut, too, but I don't have a Facebook account and don't really want one.  My mom has one, so if I get desperate I guess I will use her Facebook account.  Thanks again!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,319
    Welcome to the Make The Cut software support forum. It is not a generic cutter/software forum. MTC does not work with the Scan and Cut machines. So unfortunately, to get help with that cutter and their program, you will need to seek help from a group specific to it so you probably need to check into mom’s Facebook if that is only place to find users of it.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 11,011
    @denver1717 - it sounds like you are working with raster - jpg, png, photo-type - images. If they have not been fully traced you won't be able to do what you're trying to do. Cutters get vector data from the cutting program which tells them where to cut shapes. So maybe you need to learn more about the Canvas software in order to do what you want.

https://canvasworkspace.brother.com/en
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.