We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to run my Black Cat Cutter

ltgrandmaltgrandma Member Posts: 6
I have a Black Cat Cutter that I haven't used in a few years.  I used to run it with Signcut, which I purchased when I bought the machine.  They would renew the license every so often but now the place I purchased it from has gone out of business and I have had no luck contacting them.  I think I heard that Make the Cut will run the Black Cat.  Am contemplating purchasing it but will need help learning.
Thanks, ltgrandma 

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,319
    Yes, MTC did and does work with the Black Cat Cutter IF you already own MTC.  I say IF because the developer of MTC has not updated or continued to support the MTC program in a number of years now. As a result, trying to purchase it now if you don't already own it is probably not a good idea even if you can go through the purchasing process.  Last I had seen from several folks, at various times you could either not purchase it at all or if the order process went through, they never got the code needed to activate it and had to try and find a way to get a refund. If you do own MTC and lose the code, you cannot recover it anymore either.  Due to all of those issues, I cannot recommend anyone try to purchase MTC.  It pains me to say that.  If you need software to work with an older cutter, but one that is also being updated regularly and having new cutters added I would suggest you check out SCAL.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 11,011
    @ltgrandma - I would actually suggest SCAL - Sure Cuts A Lot. It is actively supported, new things being added, bugs being fixed, and it has a builtin driver for the Black Cat cutter.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.