We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

using multiple infusible inks on one project

sfried2487sfried2487 Member Posts: 1
Hi!  I have yet to use invisable ink with my cricut but wondered if it is possible to lay the infusibles on top of each other?  So for example, if I was making a ink photo of a cartoon car and wanted the body of the car and the door to be different colors, would I have to make 2 copies of the car in diferent colors and cut ou the doors and then switch the colors of the doors so that I have two complimentary cars?  Or is there a better way?  Thanks!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,725
    @sfried2487 - this is the Make The Cut! software support forum. The Cricut is an unsupported cutter, you need to find yourself a Cricut only forum or contact the help resources found on the Cricut websites.

https://cricut.com/en_us/infusible-ink
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • kraigmckraigmc Member Posts: 69
    edited August 9
    Infusible Ink is just a machine cuttable paper with heat set ink, but made by Cricut, it is not necessarily proprietary and can be cut on any machine, with any software.  It would be the same as if someone used Silhouette brand vinyl on a Zing, or Cricut vinyl on a Cameo.
    I kinda of sensed the OP had a Cricut, but couldn't tell, they may have a different cutter too.  
    Infusible Ink is Sublimation, that you cut and weed like Vinyl.  You can't layer it on top of each other as it is ink, and not opaque.  You have to cut and weed the parts (like a puzzle) so all are pressed over white a substrate base.

Edit ; But Liz, I know where you are coming from, as the OP is a first post, and there are so many Cricut questions that can't be answered.
    I just wanted to point out that Infusible Ink is something we can use with MTC, and Sublimation is really cool, and people should try it!