We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut question

LadyHeidiLadyHeidi Member Posts: 3
Hey all,
 I make button pin badges and have over 1000 designs in photoshop .... I am thinking of getting a cricut air and then create a template containing circles of the correct size, so when I get orders in I can just drop the required photoshop designs straight into it then print and cut ..... is this possible to do ? I’ve been looking at you tube but from what I’ve seen you need to design it all in the cricut software ... any help on how I can achieve this would be fantastic .... I’m only looking at cutting circles 

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,267
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.  MTC does not work directly with the Cricut line of cutters.  I would suggest that you find a Cricut Air Facebook support group and join and seek their help with that cutter and their software as Provocraft, the manufacturer of the Cricut line eliminated their forums years ago.  Their software is probably some of the most limited, especially when it comes to doing print and cuts with images created in other programs in particular, so I would suggest that you investigate other cutters/plotters and software programs before committing to purchasing a Cricut.

That all said - I also have button/pin makers besides my electronic cutters and found it easier and faster to print the button faces and use the button punch I have then to mess with doing a print and cut most of the time.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • LadyHeidiLadyHeidi Member Posts: 3
    ok thank you for your help ... I just thought it would be a lot faster with a machine as I’m averaging on 100 a day and it’s very time consuming 
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,617
    I'm tending to agree with MeFlick
    By the time you setup for 1 sheet of print and cut you probably cut have punched out many more
    I also have a badge press and punch I included some guide marks in my printout that use a paper trimmer to cut the print out to all the same width strips
    -
    Machine cutting require the material your cutting to be attached to a sticky mat with use this mater loose stickness so either need to be refresh, adhesive reapplied

As I understand The maximum print area size for Print Then Cut projects is 9.25" x 6.75"
    Also I not sure Cricut Print and Cut would perform a full page of multiple cuts with the cut drifting off by the end

If you save you button design as a PNG with transparent background
    they would import to most cutter software quite simply

I would suggest you do some more research so you know what is involved
    Skycut cutter print and cut accuracy is amazing perform full sheet of print and cut very well

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,714
    @LadyHeidi - just so you know, on tests conducted by several highly experienced cutter owners who own a variety of cutters, cutting with the Cricut over a full page of shapes similar to what you are creating, a significant degree of drifting is experienced so that the right most column and bottom rows of shapes are not cut true, they will be off. Hence, my comments are about getting the right tools for the right job, a button maker.

I know the automatic ones can work through more than 1,000 buttons a day with ease. Back when I had one of the first generations of Cricut I spent a lot of time trying to do the hinge method (google that for explanation) to get my buttons cut out with the Cricut, I was doing A LOT of buttons for a political campaign. It was so frustrating, I ended up doing them all manually with my button maker, and I cut them out with a 3" circle punch. Hope that helps.

Some reading: https://buttonsonline.com/collections/circle-cutters-punch-cutters
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,598
    @LadyHeidi - seems to me you could use a circle cutter, the same size as your button images.  I was interested in making buttons some years back and that was something people recommended.  Don't need an expensive electronic machine.