We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I have purchased Popup Card Studio , but the registration code supplied does not work

Can I get a working registration code?

Please help

Answers

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,267
    Welcome to the forum. I am not sure if @SBryanW is still around and able to help or not. I have tagged him, so if so, hopefully he can get you sorted. 

Does the code you received start with MTC? If so, I think you were erroneously sent a code for Make The Cut rather than PCS. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • ChrisBreezeChrisBreeze Member Posts: 3
    Yes, The code does begin with MTC
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,757
    A code that begins with MTC only works in Make The Cut.  For Popup Card Studio, the reg codes begin with PCS. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,598
    I know this is a long shot, but has anybody tried replacing the MTC in the code, with PCS?  Probably wouldn't work, but it crossed my mind to ask.

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,723
    @Gabe - I am very sure that the logic used by Andy and his code generation would ensure that a number attached to a MTC code would correspond with a number attached to a PCS code. Even the most novice of programmers would do that.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    @Gabe - and look at the two, they have totally different logic, only similar is the number of characters.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • TenTilTenTil Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the same situation.  I purchased Pop Up Card Studio and got the reg code for MTC.  They aren't answering emails or support tickets  :-/
    @TenTil - when and where did you purchase this from? The purchasing and licensing is being handled by Digital River. The PCS purchase website has been out of commission for several months.
  • DreamStreetRoseDreamStreetRose Member Posts: 226
    Paid $70 $80 for it years ago. Computer  crashed. Gone. Not real happy. Not real mad. But NOT real happy! LOL
    A grandma's name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. -- William Shakespeare
    Bit the bullet and decided to just go ahead and buy it again. Wrong thing to do. The key they emailed won't work. Digital River download. What a great program. Have been playing around with it; starting to come back to me. But then there is no way to SAVE or get it to my Zing? Why would someone make such a great program and then 'orphan' it? ANDY....where are you? You little bugger! LOL Guess I'll file for a refund? 
    A grandma's name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. -- William Shakespeare
    edited July 27

Post edited by DreamStreetRose on
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,757
    edited July 27
    Back when PCS was still active, there were a number of affiliate sellers who had links on their web sites to sell it.  When you're an affiliate seller, you don't even realize you've made a sale until the end of the month when, IF you've sold enough of a product, you get an automatic payment sent via Paypal.  This also means you have no idea who the customers even are!  

I think most of the affiliate sellers who were active here at the forum have come to realize that they needed to pull their links because the PCS site is gone. People buying PCS from any remaining affiliates, who are unaware of the situation, end up with an MTC code instead.  Realize that Createncraft is just one of these affiliates so please don't blame them for what happened.  

The person primarily responsible for this situation is Andy who should:

(1) Notify his PCS affiliates that it is no longer to be sold.

(2) Remove the product from the Digital River system so that it's not possible for anyone to actually purchase PCS if they're not able to get a PCS registration code.

(3) Fix his support ticket system so that customers who have bought MTC and PCS over the years, including those STILL buying MTC, can receive the support they need.

(4) Update his MTC web site to reflect "true facts", if he intends to continue selling MTC and/or PCS. It's a matter of business ethics at this point and I'm very disappointed in how this situation has evolved.  

Post edited by SandyMcC on
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    @DreamStreetRose - you can contact Digital River and get your money back, either through your credit card if you used one to pay for purchase, or through PayPal. I have worked with 2 other persons to help them and they were able to successfully get their money back.
  • JoeRJoeR Member Posts: 30
    Hi @DreamStreetRose
    I'm sorry you're having problems with PCS. I have removed it from my site.

Your post says "purchased from createncraft.com" - that is not true. Check your email for your receipt. You purchased directly from the software publisher. 

Saying you purchased it from me implies I sold it to you and then delivered poor service. I provided a link that took you directly to the publisher's website.

Joe
    Joe Rotella www.createNcraft.com www.YouTube.com/createncraft www.facebook.com/createncraft [email protected]
    No, I'm sorry; didn't mean to imply any fault on your part. Other than advertising an, apparently, orphaned program. Now that you removed it... all good. I wish someone would revive PCS. It is (was) such a great program. Thanks for your timely response.
    As always, Sandy, you understand completely! I'm not upset with anyone. I just really want the program to work. Can anyone get in touch with Andy. I literally, would pay again! I love that program. And now that I have time, would really love to use it. Why don't you bring it back to life? Such great UI 

SandyMcC said:
    Back when PCS was still active, there were a number of affiliate sellers who had links on their web sites to sell it.  When you're an affiliate seller, you don't even realize you've made a sale until the end of the month when, IF you've sold enough of a product, you get an automatic payment sent via Paypal.  This also means you have no idea who the customers even are!  

I think most of the affiliate sellers who were active here at the forum have come to realize that they needed to pull their links because the PCS site is gone. People buying PCS from any remaining affiliates, who are unaware of the situation, end up with an MTC code instead.  Realize that Createncraft is just one of these affiliates so please don't blame them for what happened.  

The person primarily responsible for this situation is Andy who should:

(1) Notify his PCS affiliates that it is no longer to be sold.

(2) Remove the product from the Digital River system so that it's not possible for anyone to actually purchase PCS if they're not able to get a PCS registration code.

(3) Fix his support ticket system so that customers who have bought MTC and PCS over the years, including those STILL buying MTC, can receive the support they need.

(4) Update his MTC web site to reflect "true facts", if he intends to continue selling MTC and/or PCS. It's a matter of business ethics at this point and I'm very disappointed in how this situation has evolved.  

Could anyone get me a key that would work? 
    @DreamStreetRose - no we don't have access to that...the registration keys are stored in a database that no body here other than the owners can access. Me giving you mine would be illegal and contravene the EULA. And know that everytime you start up MTC or PCS the IP address of the computer is logged on a server. If someone were to check and see that the IP is being consistently accessed from two different IP addresses from two different locations (I can get a computers location from its IP address), you are exposing yourself to a possible lawsuit. Chances of that are likely remote, but it is still a chance.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,619
    Could anyone get me a key that would work? 

If you have not already filed for a refund Maybe try contacting https://www.digitalriver.com/

I contacted Digital River and informed them that their system was delivering the wrong codes
    They replied saying would pass this of to Tech department ???
    I also requested they provide the best contact method for customer that find themselves in the same predicament
    I will add that if they reply

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Thanks Liz. Sure don't want to break the law. Just want what I bought... twice. I have contacted Digital River and was told they don't handle Logitech issues😜 I don't know where they got that. Anyway, I give up.
    @DreamStreetRose - yes they will say that, they are soooo stupid. But keep at it, I was able to get someone's money back for them. It took 2 emails at least. Don't be a victim of a fraud, which is what I am calling this!!
    Ska Liz. I'll stay on top of it.
    If you have an invoice # you can pass it on to me (via the Message option by clicking on my profile link) and I will nag them to refund you. =) I use strong words like FRAUD and LAWSUIT. It works.
    edited July 31
    Thanks Liz. I just uninstalled and was asked, 'why did you uninstall' Bahhhaaahh
    Post edited by DreamStreetRose on
    Thanks @DreamStreetRose - I have this now and have forwarded it to the parties I have been communicating with in regards to getting money refunded. Maybe delete this from your post by clicking the Options button which appears when you mouse on the top right corner of the post.