We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Greyed-out zip files

StaceyMichelleStaceyMichelle Member Posts: 1
Why does my Cricut font ( from Dafont )zip files appear grayed out on my iPad ?

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,267
    Hi Stacey and welcome to the support forum for 3rd party cutting software Make The Cut. MTC works with a variety of cutters, but not directly with the Cricut line, as a result you probably won’t find too many users here to answer questions on that setup.

That said, as an owner of an IPad, I was curious about adding new fonts and went googling. One thing to first note, you seem to indicate that the font came from Dafont but it is in a zipped file. Are you sure it was from Dafont, as I don’t recall that site zipping files. Second, if it is zipped, it would not be useable until you unzip and install it in your font viewer/reader same as on a computer thus why it would probably be grayed out. I did find this article that may provide the help/info. You need as it relates to the Cricut program and adding fonts on your iPad.  https://www.creativecuttingclassroom.com/blogpost/add-fonts-to-ipad-iphone
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,714
    @MeFlick - dafont zips their download files, often there is a Readme.txt in the file.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!