We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can you use heat transfer vinyl on shiny silver car sunshades?

bamabaker1bamabaker1 Member Posts: 1
Has anyone monogrammed one of the shiny silver car sunshades? I tried using oracel 651 permanent vinyl adhesive on it and it’s not sticking well so I was wondering if you could do heat transfer vinyl on it?

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,274
    @bamabaker1 - I think you may have found us - a forum for the Make The Cut! software, where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters - via a Google search. We do not specifically deal with vinyl or heat transfer vinyl, but we do have a lot of people that cut these materials with Make The Cut! and their cutter. You might want to look for a vinyl specific forum. Off the top of my head, I am going to suggest that no, those shiny silver car sunshades may not work so well being put in a heat press. I would test on a very small test shape.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,551
    You could try a group on Facebook called Teach Me That.  They are all about garment decoration.  Maybe someone there would have more info regarding your question.