We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Suggestions Needed

CharoCharo Member Posts: 739
I also purchased the Bewitched Shadow Box from Dreaming Tree and liked it so much I made a similar one for Christmas.  But the snow area and around the moon isn't lit up enough and the stars are too many and too bright.  Need any ideas on how to make the moon and snow light up.  Right now I like it better unlit.  P. S.  Don't look at the frame too closely.  I didn't have a shadow box so made a frame out of mercury glass paper from Hobby Lobby and I guess I got the pieces mixed up because they didn't fit exactly.  Also foreground trees are just glue-dotted on because I think I am going to have to take this apart.
Member 30818

Comments

• PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,196
    edited December 2018
    This is beautiful! What type of lights are you using. I find that the fairy lights are not as bright. They are 20 in a set (very tiny). I have used them on several pieces. You could try using vellum behind the stars. This would soften the brightness.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 739
    Thanks @Penny.  These are the fairy lights, a set of 20.  And there is vellum behind the stars!  I don't know why they seem so bright.  It occurred to me today if I just run a row of lights behind the snow layer, and maybe above the moon, with no vellum, the light peak out behind where I want it to.
    Member 30818
    That might do the trick. You may still need the vellum.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,528
    It look great i thought f could use add another layer of vellum to tone down the lighting
    another thought though i not sure on the construction of this card really
    could us and some sort of partitions so the were more light behind the area you want brighter and less in the other sections .. Does that make any sense ?

Now on slightly unrelated but I have in my stash some plastic film of varying opacities
    It is sort of ear marked for a light up project not sure what yet LOL
    These were the diffuser films from inside a dead flat panel LCD TV
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing good idea about the plastic hanging around the house.  Would be an easy thing to just add another layer behind the vellum.  The construction is an accordion box so each layer is a half inch apart, except the moon which is just has some pop dots behind it.  I don't know if I can stretch the lights underneath to make some of them fit behind the snow but worth a try because I don't like it as is.
    Member 30818
    @Penny I couldn't figure out why the fairy lights were so bright in this version when Dreaming Tree's Bewitched version was not.  It is because Dreaming Tree's version used RED and YELLOW vellum; duh.  Maybe all I need to do is substitute yellow vellum behind the stars instead of clear...
    Member 30818
    @Charo ; Yes it does - I made that one from Dreaming Tree. I forgot to mention that. Hopefully it will work for you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!