We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

zing stutters and then cuts then squashes together the rest of the cut

Can anyone help me figure out why the blade on my zing suddenly seemed to get bogged down for an instance (like a stutter) and then compresses the rest of the cut? It seems as though its screwed up on one of the coordinate directions.
Thank you everyone.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,631
    Often a photo help us see what you meaning

What material are you cutting and what setting are you using
    is your blade exposure set to match that material ?

Check that you blade is not chipped
    Check is if the Not a small slither of material up inside the blade holder
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,814
    That stuttering sound occurs any time a cutter is being force to cut a material faster or deeper than the material can be cut. What material are you cutting and what are your settings?  Also, on a Zing, if you try to cut too far up on the cutting mat, then sometimes the top of the mat can get caught under the cover and make a terrible sound because it can no longer move the mat.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,781
    This does sound like the sounds the Cricut mats make when they get caught underneath the top cover.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!