We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help...It's stopped cutting!!!

I've been using my Silhouette Portrait Cutter on and off all morning with no problems and now when i send it to start cut it keeps coming up as busy. I've not changed any settings from my last cut. Not cure what to do....I have cleaned my blade - a little bit of vinyl was on the white part so have removed this and put the blade back in...any help is appreciated

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,472
    @cmaberc I'm not sure if the portrait is similar to the cameo but two thoughts come to mind. One has it got too hot and so is having a mare? Secondly is the file you are trying to send too big? Do you have a virus protector doing a scan at the time you are trying to cut - they can be a real pain when you want to do something. It's unlikely to be the blade which would tear what you were cutting if it was faulty and not interfere with the cutter. I am guessing you are using MTC - and if you break up what you are cutting you can switch off some of it so that it is not such a large lump of data being sent. Can't think of anything else but I'm sure one of the gurus will know how to overcome the problem.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223
    Good morning @cmaberc and welcome to the Make the Cut! (MTC) software program's support forum. MTC is a 3rd party software program that can be used with a variety of different cutters including the Silhouette line of machines. I see you just joined us this morning. Since you just joined and are using a Silhouette Portrait as your cutter - let's clarify which program you are using - MTC or the Silhouette program? (I ask because many Silhouette users looking for help with their cutter and the Silhouette program find this forum first and don't realize that it is not a generic cutter forum but one specific to a different software program.) I am going to assume however that you are using their program with the cutter right now.

Second, is this a new machine you have just gotten or is it one you have had for a while or one that is "new to you" (bought used) so is an older machine? If it is a new machine, and you are using the Silhouette program then I would urge you to contact Silhouette support directly if possible and get them to help you sort out the issue. You can find their contact information on their site here: http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/contact

You might review their FAQ while waiting to here back from them. It can be found here: http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq

Also, if you were looking for a Silhouette dedicated support forum you can find the one that I am aware of here:http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

In the interim, I would suggest that you shut the program completely down, and shut off the cutter and then reboot and restart everything and see if that might correct the issue for you.

It sounds like the computer/program has not "released" the cutter from the last job that you sent thus why it says it is "busy". Restarting everything should fix that I would think. (I have not ever seen this happen before so if it is a new machine and keeps occurring I would definitely contact Silhouette.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!