We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

3ds

So I'm interested to find out why there is an export to 3ds. Was it for ease of design? What could we use 3ds for to augment this program or how could pcs augment 3ds?

Just curious.

Laurie

Comments

• AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    It is strictly for modeling cards. I put it in there so I could use the cards in Blender and Sketchup and get some nice looking images for the website. I was going to take it out, but decided to leave it in incase anyone else wanted to do the same...

These were done in Sketchup using the 3DS files that PCS created:

I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    From what I remember, you are a great photographer and probably aren't interested in CGI stuff... or at least have to rely on it like me :)
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • ElaurElaur Member Posts: 244
    Oh that's pretty cool. I was having trouble thinking of some way to use a popup card in 3ds.
    Oh hey I think I'm getting it. Its basically a 3d model attached to a paper. Are you thinking about involving any other 3d paper modeling? Seems like its already built in.
  • nannan Member Posts: 489
    Thanks Andy,
    Wow! I just saw the export to 3ds feature. This opens up unlimited ideas. I'm working on a virtual reality project and now I can combine popup cards and my VR environment. I may also be able to do some 3D printing! What a great cross-over.
    Nan
    What vr do you use?
  • nannan Member Posts: 489
    Elaur,
    I haven't gotten the VR software yet. I us a PC.

I'm working with video of a closed storybook park. The artist who took the video and I are putting together the pieces to make the VR. We were very lucky in getting the video before the entire park was destroyed. Most of the park is now gone. We have great support and a tight connection with people who loved the park and the owners who relocated many of the structures to a new location.

Do you have any VR suggestions?
    Nan
    I thought you meant you used a specific virtual world.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!