We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

how do you select the whole card

How do you select the whole card so you can export it to an svg? Sorry for all the questions :(

Comments

• AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    File>>Export>>Project Rendering>>As SVG File...
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • dimahidimahi Member Posts: 421
    I'm trying to do that Andy, but it's only exporting the letters as the svg, not the whole card so that I can put the dash and cut lines on their own layer. Does that make sense? I thought I hold the D key and shift key and down arrow and select, but that isn't working.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,343
    @dimahi...don't choose the Selection as SVG, choose Project Rendering As SVG file.

Thank you, so I did that, but I'm not getting dashed lines they are all solid, but in the PCS program they are showing up as dash and solid lines...any ideas?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    Can you post your .pcs file and .mtc file for someone to look at?
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    The only file I have is the one Susan made for me...I'm trying to cut it in MTC but my lines are all solid when I send it as a pdf, and svg...but I also want to separate it so I can do pnc with some digital paper. Susan Bluerobot is it alright if I share the file you made me here for help?
    Didn't Susan share the link to the file here on the forum? (Thought I recalled seeing it and then one where she took the name out to share for everyone else.) I will try and go look for it/at it in just a little bit when I get to my workroom where my PC is with the programs on it.)
    Go Vols!
    Yes she did...after I sent my post I remembered it was a public share.
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    Once the file is in MTC, did you use To Each Its Own to get the score lines on their own layers? If you did, then you should be able to change the line quality for the score lines to dashed if you want.
    @Jiliefes, on the file, I've imported as pdf and as svg, either way, the part that I need to change for lines do not separate or break apart on this file...I can see that the line is a lighter gray or appears to be. Maybe the photo can help...The file is from Susan and is in the forum.
    @dimahi - See if this is what you are wanting to do. I am attaching the MTC file with its layers. If so, I will try to explain "how" I did it.

Go Vols!
    here is the card
    @dimahi - did you see my post just above your last one - did you download the MTC file and see if that is what you are trying to do? (You can change colors of each layer - I just did different ones to show you. You can also make each letter its own color as opposed to "BABY" being one and then ELSIE all one.
    Go Vols!
    So when I export rendering to svg, mine does not come in like yours...I do not have dash lines...so what am I doing wrong?
    So I closed PCS and reopened the file and did the render as svg, and it worked...wierd lol Thank you so much
    Not sure what the problem was for you - little gremlins on the computer lines this morning I suspect! ;) They like to hangout at my house and mess around too!
    Glad it worked for you though!

You might also want to see this thread by @Laurinda to see how I tried to explain to her how I did a "copy and paste" from PCS back to MTC to get the letters, blocks and giraffe as single images for you to "color".

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/36757/copy-paste#latest

Also you might note, that depending upon the size of your printer - this card size may be too big for you to do a "print and cut" without sizing it smaller as you may have trouble having room for the registration marks. I had this issue last night on a card I was making (will try to post it in a little bit). I had made the card 5x7 (which meant 10x7 to cut) - too big for me to get the registration marks. So what I did, was the old "hinge method". I printed the card, then I used a blank piece of paper to "cut out" the card from. I then removed the cutout portion from the blank paper without disturbing my blank paper and without removing it from my cutter. I then and slid my card in and under the cut out left in the blank paper, put the cutter back online which returned it back to its original origin point and then hit cut. Worked well.
    Go Vols!
    @MeFlick...sorry but I'm lost on your note part...I'm a visual learner :) I know the card is too big, cos I'm doing an outer piece...so I will select all and reduce it to the size I need. I appreciate all your help...I think because I don't have much time as the shower is tomorrow, I needed to seek help rather than try and sit and figure it out myself...that's how I usually do things unless I get frustrated then I scream for help lol...but I so appreciate everyone here. For some reason, I can't post my card pic...also, did your pdf come in with dash lines? Mine did not the first time, I haven't tried it after I reopened yet
    you can google for "hinge method" to find better information on my "note" on printing and cutting if too big. Easiest thing is to "resize" so you can get registration marks. (Kay at "Cleversomeday" I think has good information on the "hinge" method.)

I didn't export out as a PDF so not sure about that (but it should have worked). If I was going to take the card back into MTC, I would render it out as an SVG file as that will allow you to easily separate out your score lines to different layers.
    Go Vols!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!