We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

2 questions for Susan

What kind of paper do you use? I would think the paper would need to be sort of crisp.
Are you going to share your files? It would help me to cut one and see the mechanisms. Especially one that is on 3 planes. I am loving your videos. Each one helps me understand more and more.
I bought a pop up card way back when to try to duplicate and now I actually think I can. Thanks. Darlene

Comments

• SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    I use a light weight card stock 190gsm (austrialian measurements dont know the conversion
    And below is the house that I used on the house video yesterday hope this helps .
    Yes i do plan to share patterns. But I was working on videos right up to the realease date and i have not been back to check that the patterns are all 100% perfect. Will do that asap .
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,198
    @SusanBluerobot I believe it would be 90lb paper in us weight. Thanks for the file. Love your videos. Can't play until the end of next week. Too much work.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • pgergpgerg Member Posts: 49
    thank you for sharing your popups with us Susan it is very appreciated.
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    Penny said:

@SusanBluerobot I believe it would be 90lb paper in us weight. Thanks for the file. Love your videos. Can't play until the end of next week. Too much work.

Thanks @penny i think andy told me that but i had forgotten it LOL
    Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • meenameena Member Posts: 425
    Thanks, Susan for your wonderful videos and files..they are great!
  • SarahbellumSarahbellum Member Posts: 386
    I won't get to play until the weekend, but want to thank Susan for her videos...I listen while at work...maybe something will be absorbed in my brain....but I have a hard time visualizing how that double tier cake opens and closes.... :-?

Sarah
  • christina225christina225 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Susan, firstly thank you for the videos, they are fab!! had a little problem, i followed your video for the side house, once cut I lost the fence :( I downloaded your file to see where I went wrong and mine didn't have the dotted lines either side of the fence, therefore cutting right through. So obviously not anchored? I've messed about with it and got it to how it should be, the question is, how do you know its anchored properly? I did the align to bottom plane, but it was allowing me to keep doing that!!
    Thanks
    Christina
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    Hi @christina225 - not Susan but I will try to give you a bit of an answer to try and help at least until Susan can get back on (I think it is getting on night for her over in Aussie land right now).

First, you can always do a "print preview" while working in PCS and you can see your mountain and valley fold lines and the cut lines to see if the fold lines you are expecting are in fact setup as fold lines.

You are correct, you didn't have the dotted lines on either side of the fence because for some reason it did not get anchored. If it was allowing you to keep doing the "align to bottom plane" then for some reason it wasn't aligning properly.

One thing to remember is that the "object" you are trying to anchor has to have a "flat" spot to align to the bottom plane to "anchor". Depending upon your fence (say a picket fence) it may not have a "flat" enough spot to actually anchor and you will need to crop it to create the flat spot. I have found that some objects that I thought "looked" flat were not flat enough because they were not anchoring. Also, Susan has recommend that when you crop an object to get the "flat" surface, that you change your "snapping" down to like 1/128th to help get in for a very thin flattening. Keeping it high like at the 1/8th - doesn't always let you crop correctly.

Hopefully that will give you some additional information to help until @susanbluerobot has a chance to give her sage advice!

(note, I have added the @ symbol in front of Susan's full userid name and yours in this post - this will her and you a "notification" that you have been mentioned in this thread and draw her and you back to the thread to see.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • christina225christina225 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks MeFlick, you've more than helped!! Didn't even think to look at a print preview!! That will help heaps. I think I've discovered how to recognise if anchored correctly, it shows a thin yellow line where the anchor would be, be good to know if that's correct :)
    Again thank you for your help, I'm also in Aussie land so I'll be joining Susan in the land of nod now :)
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,222
    Welcome from Aussie land and enjoy your "land of nod" - I have just started my Sunday off a few hours ago. So lots of playing with PCS I plan to do (at least until the NFL playoff games begin at 3 pm my time - just about 4 hours from now!) Then I will probably play and watch!

You are correct - it does show that thin yellow line where the anchor would be (if I am understanding you correctly.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!