We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

PC Lawsuit Against MTC

stacymolterstacymolter Member Posts: 14
edited March 2011 in General
http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2011/03/11/make-the-cut-settles-cricut-software-lawsuit-with-provo-craft/

When I saw this all I could say was wow! I am one of the many that would never have bought a Cricut because I make my own cutting files and use MTC exclusively. I have never bought a PC cartridge and never plan to. They're way too expensive and I actually supplement my family's income selling cutting files.

Since I'm an affiliate with MTC I'm curious what this also means for MTC as a software company. Will you still sell MTC or is this the end? I support MTC and recommend MTC to everyone (in fact I just answered a post on my FB Fan page recommending a fan buy an Expression and the MTC software together) but I'm not sure if I should keep my links up or not.

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone with this post but I just want to find out what the future of MTC is. I am so sorry PC is being such a PITA for MTC and it looks like SCAL too. I can't believe they don't realize how many more cutters they have sold because of your software. I'm totally blown away by this. :(

Comments

• scrappinwithzscrappinwithz Member Posts: 2,717
    edited March 2011
    I really don't thing this will have any problems with MTC since it will work with other machines than cricuts!! My advice would be to get another cutter and be free of a money hungry company!!!
    Z

edited because I can't spell..lol
    My blog: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com Zenita S.--Dexter, MO-- Cougar!!! affiliate for MTC affiliate for Lettering Delights
  • CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    yes there is an entire thread about this here if you'd like to check it out http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/13199/provo-craft-is-at-it-again-lawsuit-against-scal/#Item_59

As far as I know MTC is perfectly secure.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DianainNMDianainNM Member Posts: 1,370
    edited March 2011
    crazy
    I'm Diana in New Mexico, SAHM to 8 My blog: http://scrappinbutterfly13.blogspot.com/
    I really don't thing this will have any problems with MTC since it will work with other machines than cricuts!! My advice would be to get another cricut and be free of a money hungry company!!!
    Z

She means get another cutter not another cricut.LOL
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2011
    what does this mean for cricut users?
    your mtc you have will always work with your cricut. They can't take that away from you. They may come out with a new firmware that they could try to block it with but just don't upgrade IF it comes to that. Now, rather any of the new machines , this expression 2 or whatever, will work with it is beyond ANYONE since we haven't seen them yet. I don't think PC is going to come to your house and demand you to uninstall your mtc though.LOL

I don't think we should borrow trouble. Andy has updated several times since this entire thing started and for all we know it could be over with him.
  • Jody_MJody_M Member Posts: 335
    Since MTC works with so many other cutters, I'm crossing my fingers & hoping we still have it. Sounds like it's definitely time to start saving my pennies to get a different cutter. Wish I could afford a cougar but I like the gazelle too.

Andy & Ann - I'm hoping everything is ok with you & keeping you in my prayers!!
    Jody :-) Jody_M Designs http://jodymdesigns.com
  • stacymolterstacymolter Member Posts: 14
    yes there is an entire thread about this here if you'd like to check it out http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/13199/provo-craft-is-at-it-again-lawsuit-against-scal/#Item_59

As far as I know MTC is perfectly secure.
    Thank you so much! I'll check it out!

I really don't thing this will have any problems with MTC since it will work with other machines than cricuts!! My advice would be to get another cutter and be free of a money hungry company!!!
    Z

edited because I can't spell..lol
    The only bummer is I just bought my Expression and can't afford another cutter right now. :(

what does this mean for cricut users?
    your mtc you have will always work with your cricut. They can't take that away from you. They may come out with a new firmware that they could try to block it with but just don't upgrade IF it comes to that. Now, rather any of the new machines , this expression 2 or whatever, will work with it is beyond ANYONE since we haven't seen them yet. I don't think PC is going to come to your house and demand you to uninstall your mtc though.LOL

I don't think we should borrow trouble. Andy has updated several times since this entire thing started and for all we know it could be over with him.
    I really hope it is. Andy is so nice and helpful and I can't believe how PC is reacting. I didn't plan on updating my Cricut with new firmware and I definitely won't now. I love my MTC and how I can create custom cuts. I think PC is just pissed they didn't come up with a program like MTC to sell themselves, not just DS.
  • bossie1bossie1 Member Posts: 678
    I am stunned. I feel so bad for Ann and Andy. They created such a wonderful product for us and such a wonderful forum. My thoughts are with them. Valerie
  • JeannetteCJeannetteC Member Posts: 3,200
    Wow is right! I would like to see the official statements though instead of an online article. It doesn't sound like they will be able to take away software that is already out there except for the backup functionality.
    "Make The Cut is ordered to render these copies of the software completely non-functional until these users update their software to a copy that eliminates the back-up function."
    The article also states "The company is also required to destroy all copies of the software’s source code." But is that only code pertaining to the Cricut or can they take away the entire software?

I am sooooo pissed with PC right about now!!!!!

~X(
    Jeannette C, Ontario, Canada http://houseofcards-jc.blogspot.com
    I've been talking to Jody over on FB and I didn't realize how many other cutters MTC works with. I'm new to the whole cutting world and only have experience with my E. Anyways, I'm keeping all my links up and am still going to recommend MTC to everyone since I fell in love with this program right from the start.

Thank you everyone for answering some of my questions. I can't believe how horrible PC is being.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and I'm going to try to hang out here more often. I have twins in their first year of school and a 4 month old at home so it gets a bit hectic sometimes and I forget to stop by. :(
    Okay I didn't read that link. OH MY!!!!!!!!

So it sounds like to me NO you all should not update your cricuts and the new versions of MTC will not support the cricut. That is MY understanding, maybe I am wrong.

So I think I'd be looking into a new cutter shortly guys because if yours breaks a new one may or may not work with mtc.
  • VinylandVectorsVinylandVectors Member Posts: 4,344
    This is a shame....95% of this forum cuts with a cricut! I support Ann and Andy 100% and only wish them well.
  • HappyCrafterHappyCrafter Member Posts: 2,663
    This makes me sick to my stomach. I wonder if Andy can appeal, or if he can, if he even has funds to do that? It states that he has to destroy the entire source code. Does that mean for other cutters or just for the Cricut? It is such a shame that this happened. I am so sorry Andy and Ann. I am so saddened by this for you.
    As long as the bicycle wheels are still turning, life is good. Sharon in North Central Idaho
  • missjessmissjess Member Posts: 3
    I am saddened by this post, but will wait for the official word from MTC before selling my insect cutter, which I bought with the intention of using MTC. I wonder if other die cutting machine companies have this "problem" with MTC... would like to know before I invest in another cutter.
  • rachellann_ID714rachellann_ID714 Banned Posts: 10,251
    lets wait for an offical word from Andy before jumping to conclusion
    imageimageimage Rachellann uses the Black Cat Cougar, Gazelle, Expression, and 34 inch MH871 vinyl cutter http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/index.asp http://www.thatsscrapinc.com/ My Blog is: http://rachellsmanycrafts.blogspot.com/
    edited March 2011
    I am saddened by this post, but will wait for the official word from MTC before selling my insect cutter, which I bought with the intention of using MTC. I wonder if other die cutting machine companies have this "problem" with MTC... would like to know before I invest in another cutter.
    No, I do not believe so. I know for a fact he worked along side of the Black Cat Cougar , Gazelle, and US cutter folks to get it to work with their machines. It has also worked iwth the Craft robo, silhouette, and some wish blade since day one via the printer driver.

There are a few others it works with, PC is the only pain in the rump!!!!!!!

And I agree with Rachell. WE need to wait for official word from Andy. That is simply someone's article on the suit not even actual court documents. I'm not saying it's wrong just saying we should wait on Andy .
  • daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 3,007
    edited March 2011
    It sounds to me like its only the copies of Make the Cut Software that were sold with the ability to make copies of cartridges that have to be redone. It doesn't look as if all the software will have to made unusable.
    That's what I understood from the settlement and hope that's all that is involved...just the back up feature!
    edited to add: I just re-read the settlement and see that its worse than what I first read! I will continue with the dumb cricut I have until I can afford something better and then there will never be another dollar of mine spent on anything from Provo Craft. The jerks!
    Sharon
  • Nancy_Cre8iveCutzNancy_Cre8iveCutz Member Posts: 1,545
    Hopefully Andy posts an update soon.
    Nancy image image   image   image
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    I agree that we should wait until Andy makes a statement about what this means for those that already have the software.

My sister is buying my E, and was going to buy MTC. I'm not sure if she has purchased it yet, I think she was going to wait until she actually got my E, (I'm taking it to her tomorrow). I hope she can still get MTC and it works with the E, because that is the only reason she is buying it, because she can (could) use MTC.
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • bbonkobbonko Member Posts: 913
    edited March 2011
    II am really bummed for Ann and Andy!! Not to mention all the crafters who only have Cricuts. If Andy 'settled', then I don't think he can appeal. I hope Andy is legally able to talk to us about what wil be happening, as there will be lots of questions, and with questions come rumors. What a bummer...such a great program!
    Well, definitely time to unpack my Gazelle! :-((
    Brenda B Longview, WA
  • justjaymajustjayma Member Posts: 150
    I wish we could all file a class action law suit against PC for false representation of what the machine could do. I mean, we all know how PC products don't work as advertised! It doesn't cut a circular circle, and that's a KNOWN fact! My wish is that we could hit PC where it counts **their pocketbooks!** and show them we won't stand for this crap.
  • DianainNMDianainNM Member Posts: 1,370
    "For the existing software, Make The Cut also is required to take measures within 30 days to disable the 600 copies that were sold of the software with the cartridge back-up feature. Make The Cut is ordered to render these copies of the software completely non-functional until these users update their software to a copy that eliminates the back-up function."

So from reading this, it feels like anyone who downloaded the version with back up feature will have to be given a new registration code and that will not let it be used with cricut. this sucks!
    I'm Diana in New Mexico, SAHM to 8 My blog: http://scrappinbutterfly13.blogspot.com/
  • JaneDough99_TanyaJaneDough99_Tanya Member Posts: 1,650
    I feel so bad for Andy & Ann :(

I would never have even used my E if I didn't have MTC! I think I made 3 whole cuts on my machine using carts lol. This is so crazy...PC wouldn't have got a cent from me if it weren't for MTC...I wish they could see how much more money they got from the sales MTC generates honestly..and if they wouldn't seriously over charge for carts lol people might want them too! :p They are sooooo greedy & money hungry and are going to lose a lot of business.
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    "For the existing software, Make The Cut also is required to take measures within 30 days to disable the 600 copies that were sold of the software with the cartridge back-up feature. Make The Cut is ordered to render these copies of the software completely non-functional until these users update their software to a copy that eliminates the back-up function."

So from reading this, it feels like anyone who downloaded the version with back up feature will have to be given a new registration code and that will not let it be used with cricut. this sucks!
    Actually, I think most people did the next upgrade (when it came out) without realizing that it removed the back-up feature. I know I did. I didn't even realize it was gone for quite a while! So I doubt that there are very many (if any) who still have the version with the back-up feature. And I have never once seen a file that was made with this feature (never!).

If I were given the choice between the current version or the previous version (with the back-up feature) - it would be an easy call - the current version hands-down! I had the version back then, installed it and never once used it for back-up, had no need to do so.

I am anxious to see what Andy has to say and what his side of the story is.

"Under the settlement, Make The Cut is permanently and immediately disallowed from selling software that is compatible in any way with Cricut machines." Immediately? The last I checked (Friday) it was still for sale, so ??? Makes me wonder about the veracity of this statement and question the other content as well.

So glad I have a GZ that will work with MTC.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • karen3912karen3912 Banned Posts: 3,182
    I haven't been reading this thread because I thought this was thrown out of court a couple of months ago. From my understanding of any court settlements there is usually a gag order included. I was wondering just how Andy was supposed to disable these 600 copies in other people computers. Until I just read Diana's post above can they be stopped by the registration codes? I don't know. I do know this is very wrong. I can understand them being upset about being able to copy a cartridge but they have no right to stop a program like MTC that can work with their machines. That is called smart business and PC will lose a lot of money if this goes ahead. I feel so sad for Ann and Andy but they will be OK I hope and there are other machines in the Cricut price range for those that can't afford more costly machines that can use MTC.
    I know if it was my choice I would not be buying anything with a cartridge that tells me what I can cut. That is why I ordered a Cricut, paid for it and changed my mind and sold it before I got it. The cartridges always bothered me before there was even a Cougar.
  • jlwisejlwise Member Posts: 205
    Okay --- here's what I am thinking, and maybe I am way off base here, but.......

They want any software with the backup feature outta there and no more updates that allow you to cut with their crappy little machine.

Disabeling the software with the backup feature --- I would think this would only effect those who actually bought a disk..... the backup feature was eleminated with an update. I would venture to say that about 90% of us never bought a CD as Andy updates so frequently that it is pointless --- gets outdated almost as soon as you receive it.

Future versions cannot in any way involve the POS machine ProvoCraft thinks it still ownes after we purchase it.......worst case ((to me at least)) this means that those of us who are hanging our head's in shame that -- due to economic reasons -- cannot afford to buy a different cutter and sledgehammer the POS bug, will just have to be satisfied with the version we currently have and will not be able to update as they will have to have the ability to cut with the bug eleminated.

I really want to be able to update and take advantage of all the wonderful things Andy does for us to improve, but if I am stuck with what I have RIGHT NOW I can live with that.

I will save up money and buy another cutter as soon as possible though --- it does seem like a great oppurtunity for another manufacturer to cash in HUGE on a sale -- with this new development I bet 90% of those who have the bug want it outta their house so they in no way benifit that petty, stupid little company.
  • katwmskatwms Member Posts: 477
    edited March 2011
    No need to ever buy PC products ever again. Blade gets dull, buy a roland blade. Mat wears out, use another brand or make your own from the flexible cutting board from Dollar Tree. I'm sure there are many off brand items that will work.

Edited to add: jlwise, No one needs to hang their head in shame because the can not afford certain cutters. We are all equal on this forum.
    Kathy W. Like my C...t E and LOVE my 24" Black Cat Cougar and now a Cameo Follow Me on Pinterest
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    The Gazelle sells for about $430, but they say FunTime costs over $130 ($130 is just for a new dongle, the software actually costs more like $150). If the GZ people would sell their cutter without FT to MTC-ers for $130 less ($300) they would get a lot of sales. Just saying, this is where they could make a lot of sales real quick.....
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • nannato6_1nannato6_1 Member Posts: 356
    I feel terrible for Andy and Ann.
    I do hope they can come here and tell us exactly what is going on. Trust and communication has always been a big part of MTC. I'm sure if they can they will lets us know what is what.
    I found this part of the statement alarming though.

Make The Cut is permanently and immediately disallowed from selling software that is compatible in any way with Cricut machines. The company is also required to destroy all copies of the software’s source code.

What does this mean to us crapcut users? Are we going to lose our much loved MTC?

I'm breaking out my Pazzles Inspiration until I can get a cougar.
    Anyone know of videos showing how to use the roland printer for using MTC with the pazzles?
    Diana from Illinois--Now in Florida!
    The Gazelle sells for about $430, but they say FunTime costs over $130 ($130 is just for a new dongle, the software actually costs more like $150). If the GZ people would sell their cutter without FT to MTC-ers for $130 less ($300) they would get a lot of sales. Just saying, this is where they could make a lot of sales real quick.....
    Nelda..... I would LOVE it if the company who makes the Cougar would offer some kind of discount if everyone who ownes a bug would buy one of their machines and send some identifying piece of the bug they own to them. Do a HUGE publicity stunt involving taking all the pieces that everyone sent in and steam-roll them on the news..... get the word out there that there is an alternative to the marketing machine that ProvoCraft REALLY is (( they really only excel in marketing -- their products suck )). Maybe ProvoCraft would see it and see all those pieces of their machine that represent all the people who USED to be loyal customers who now despise their company and see how they screwed up.

Somehow the other manufacturers need to get their names out there so EVERYONE knows that ProvoCraft IS NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN!!!!

No need to ever buy PC products ever again. Blade gets dull, buy a roland blade. Mat wears out, use another brand or make your own from the flexible cutting board from Dollar Tree. I'm sure there are many off brand items that will work.

Edited to add: jlwise, No one needs to hang their head in shame because the can not afford certain cutters. We are all equal on this forum.
    Kat --- I am totally ashamed that I EVER contributed to ProvoCraft's bottom line in ANY way shape or form......... they are a dispicable company and I hope they lose everything and crash and burn.......I will never buy another product by them and I own 2 bugs and a cuttlebug too ....... just think the the impact if everyone would stop buying their products ...... hate them ...... [email protected]
  • CeCeCreatesCeCeCreates Member Posts: 1,869
    Black Cat does sell their machines for a $60 discount if you have MTC. I feel so lucky and blessed that my DH let me use our tax refund to buy my new kitty. The only PC in my life now has a N in the middle for Print n Cut!
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    The problem is price. I sure hope someone (Maybe even Andy) would come up with a machine that works like crapcut does and sold it at the same price point. I am pretty sure there are companies out there who are right now trying to make a cutter that is cheaper and will work with MTC problem is time is not their friend as people will be looking now not 4 or 6 months from now. If you have such a machine this would be the time to launch it!
    I would think Andy would at least let the affiliates know what is going on as we still have links for the software
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Beanie_ID62Beanie_ID62 Member Posts: 3,820
    CeCe It is wonderful that they do this and I love Dawn & Sherri but $60 off a machine that is over $600 is still not a price I could afford. That was why I got a cricut to begin with it was cheap
    image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • corwinscorwins Member Posts: 1,841
    Provo Craft is and Cricut is not longer in my vocabulary. I am ticked off. Not for me, as I have not used it since getting my Cougar before Christmas. I don’t need their mats and I can get blades from ebay. I never bought a cartridge to go with it. I only had the 2 original ones that came with it. What I am ticked off at is that all the other Cricut owners that do not have an alternate cutter are stuck now with buying just their stuff. What a shame! The carts are way to expensive for what you get on them. That is just money hungry ridiculous! I hope that the Cricut owners get together and boycott Provo Craft. I for one will NEVER buy another product from them. Andy and Ann, we support you and you have been the greatest people to be associated with. You do so much for your customers and operate your business like others should. Your customer service and involvement compare to no others I have ever come across and I want to say Thanks again for all you do for us.
  • threedogpackthreedogpack Member Posts: 59
    this is disappointing. I bought my E, specifically due to MTC and SCAL availability. However, the game might not be over yet, I'd like to know where the information came from. I looked online and the settlement documents are not published yet. So unless the source was at the hearing, I don't know how they got that information.
  • SusanSSusanS Member Posts: 215
    If MTC quits working with my expression, I will be back to using only PC carts (Boo Hiss) I don't have the funds to invest in a more expensive machine at this time nor do I think I will have the kind of money the cougar requires in a couple of years. I sure hope I don't have to lose MTC.
    Sue OH Follow Me on Pinterest Independent Stampin Up demonstrator
  • lylacfeylylacfey Member Posts: 138
    I am stunned. I hardly can believe it. I thought this was going to be a hardware court case since Andy did take out the backup feature. This is just a slap for computer geeks who are trying to write code for Cricut machines. This is really going to slap the Linux/Cricut users. We were desperate to be able to use the Cricut's on our Linux boxes. Even to use them with Gypsy and Design Studio. PC really shot themselves for this. As a computer geek and tech geek PC has really lowered themselves in my eyes.

I really hope that Gazelle & Cougar will still be supported with MTC. I am in good shape for my other cutters. My heart goes out to all the girls and guys here who have Cricut's, especially if you have a viable business selling designs or crafting items with your machine.

Andy & Ann hugs to you. I am really sorry. You are an amazing programmer Andy. Do not let this get you down.
  • Country_TwinkleCountry_Twinkle Member Posts: 55
    I wish we could get some clarification here. I own the crapcut and I have bought carts for the crapcut too. I have too much invested in crapcut and don't have the funds to buy a new cutter. So I wish we knew does that mean those of us who bought mtc to use with our machine and the countless svg files we purchased are now no longer going to be any good?
  • nannato6_1nannato6_1 Member Posts: 356
    They are talking about PC raising the prices on the carts, over on the dark side.
    I just had to put my 2 cents worth in.
    I think it is funny that PC raises their prices just as they eliminate everyones alternative to carts. MONEY HUNGRY @#%*!

http://community.provocraft.com/Cricut-Community_postsm722707_Cartridge-Prices.aspx#post722707
    Diana from Illinois--Now in Florida!
  • KathyTWKathyTW Member Posts: 1
    Provo Craft is the worst company! I watched the owner of our LSS very sternly tell a PC rep at CHA several years ago to cancel her account, that she was not going to do business with a company that operated as poorly as they do.

It is amazing to me that the court system would allow a lawsuit like this, how can a company dictate to me what I can or can't do with what I buy once they have my money? So if using MTC or SCAL with my Cricut voids my warranty, so what - that's MY choice. Maybe once no one is using these programs anymore with new machines and the machines still fall apart before the warranty is up, they'll realize it's not the after-market software causing the problems - it's the piece of plastic crap that they're producing that's the issue!

I wonder if the owners of MTC and SCAL would have contacted every person who had purchased their software and asked them to "testify" at the hearings, even through legal depositions, if we could have made a difference in the outcome. Obviously Provo Craft has a lot more money to spend on lawyers......and the little guy will always get pushed around until they simply give-up and the big companies like PC know it.

I sure wish there was more that we could do to help stop this nonsense.
  • KarenPKarenP Member Posts: 4,028
    edited March 2011
    This is awful news. I love MTC and I agree with others. I can't afford a Black Cat...would love one but facts are facts.

CaseysAngel, not sure you are correct after reading this piece "For the existing software, Make The Cut also is required to take measures within 30 days to disable the 600 copies that were sold of the software with the cartridge back-up feature. Make The Cut is ordered to render these copies of the software completely non-functional until these users update their software to a copy that eliminates the back-up function."
    Missouri
  • ruthgillis61ruthgillis61 Member Posts: 5,932
    So very alarming and sad that this is what both parties agreed to - realizing that Andy & Ann had to have been under a ton of pressure to be forced to agree to this... destroying the source code part is most troubling to me - this also does NOT bode well for SCAL... so sad. Love you Andy & Ann!!!
  • threedogpackthreedogpack Member Posts: 59
    I have not read the court document.

However, online, it says that MTC is prohibited from SELLING software compatible with the Cricut machines and they must destroy any source code. I do not believe they can remove MTC products already sold.

• SarahbellumSarahbellum Member Posts: 386
    This sucks...sorry for the bluntness! I am lucky that I have another cutter brand that I use MTC with... but this really bites for people that own the crapcut that won't be able to buy another cutter. I have suggested MTC to lots of my friends and will continue to do so....but I will also suggest they replace the crapcut!

Sarah
  • Angel135612Angel135612 Member Posts: 4,246
    Nanna,

I responded to that thread also, right after yours.. I do wish there was something we could do to "hurt" PC where it counts.. in their bottom line.
    They are talking about PC raising the prices on the carts, over on the dark side.
    I just had to put my 2 cents worth in.
    I think it is funny that PC raises their prices just as they eliminate everyones alternative to carts. MONEY HUNGRY @#%*!

http://community.provocraft.com/Cricut-Community_postsm722707_Cartridge-Prices.aspx#post722707
    Diane in Colorado Springs Proud Owner of a Silver Bullet Professional Series 24 inch cutter rated #1 by Top Ten Reivews http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/ http://www.mycraftythoughts.blogspot.com/
  • KimATCKimATC Member Posts: 785
    This sucks...sorry for the bluntness! I am lucky that I have another cutter brand that I use MTC with... but this really bites for people that own the crapcut that won't be able to buy another cutter. I have suggested MTC to lots of my friends and will continue to do so....but I will also suggest they replace the crapcut!

Sarah
    I am one of those stuck right now, and I am PI$$ED!!!!! So mad right now, I wish I could just ditch all of that PC crap and get another cutter, but I can't. Like the rest, I am curious what that means for me.
  • dancingfishdancingfish Member Posts: 52
    So if I am reading this properly. In order to use the MTC software that I have purchased I can no longer update my cricut? Once it has been updated it will make my MTC software unuseable?

Thats a tough decision.. because like so many of you I use both carts and MTC. Seems to me that PC has put me in a tough position!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!