We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Andy/Ecraft/MTC

Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,640
edited February 2010 in General
Andy,
I don't know if you know yet but the price of the Ecraft Pro software was reduced to $159.99 this week. I know the svg imported into the Pro software will have chads on them so they will be able to cut on the machine because it doesn't have mats.
The website says to cut images on their software they have to be converted to their propietary format
My question is if you could figure out the format, would you be legally able to make a version of MTC that could create files in the ecraft's propietary format?
My thinking was the ability to create svg files is accepted as a common file but it might be problematic to duplicate ecraft's file format?
I've had my hopes up that we could use MTC with the new machine but it seems doubtful to me now. Am I right?
Rhoda

Comments

• AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    who knows... i can't predict the future :)

I have to wait until the machine comes out and i can physically look at it.
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • RorysnonnaRorysnonna Member Posts: 731
    Andy,
    I would like to add that I would love if you would work on older drivers like for my wishblade or knk. I love your software and would use it if I could with my other plotters. Pleeeeese it would be great to use your software with them. Thanks for all you have been doing, I have been having a blast with your mtc.
    Lysa
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,640
    Andy,
    You've gotta save the eCraft when it comes out,lol! The pro software that will be released does not do autotrace, breaking or layering. They are looking into that for another release.
    I'm wondering what the pro software does for $159.99.
    Rhoda
  • missiethegalmissiethegal Member Posts: 357
    yikes!! no wonder they already halved the price before its release!!! Ouch, sometimes, you just don't know how you you've got it :)
    edited February 2010
    Well, If no one can figure out how to get their already-existing software to work with the machine, then they will have cornered their own market and could charge over 300$ a copy... really anything they want. And it won't have to do anything cool!
  • waterrabbitwaterrabbit Member Posts: 2,217
    From what I understand, the pro software gives you access to ALL of their designs - even future designs. Sort of a key to unlock them all. I wasn't real impressed with the designs I saw on their cards, so it didn't interest me.
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,640
    Waterrabbit,
    Craftwell changed the price of the software from $300.00 which was to unlock 10 cards to $159.99 which doesn't unlock any. It doesn't do an autotrace so it doesn't have the ability like MTC does so you would still need MTC or Inkscape.
    I'm on the ecraft yahoo group so we're getting answers on the software. So far their website hasn't been updated. The Craftwell rep is answering tons of questions & researching the computer requirements for us. She is relaying information as she receives it from the software people.
    I hope this was a mistake but this is what she said the monitor requirement would be:
    "1280 x1024" for the screen settings.
    craftwell is listening so I hope they make a version of software that just allows the import of svgs. I can use MTC to export an svg but you need the ecraft software to add the chads.
    unless i can figure out how to add chads
  • missiethegalmissiethegal Member Posts: 357
    oh yeah, adding the chads... ugh. Well I'm thinking that I'm becoming more and more satisfied with my cricut. Geesh, the ecraft news just keeps getting grimmer.
    that's a huge downfall of not using a mat. I think the eCraft's disadvantages overpower its advantages at this point... We will see though!
  • cleversomedaycleversomeday Member Posts: 1,183
    Andy,
    If you could figure out how to make it kiss cut vinyl (override automatic depth and pressure) you wouldn't need chads. This is a roll feed machine and some of us would by software just to make it cut vinyl.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!