We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

With trial version can you...

lauraleelauralee Member Posts: 43
edited February 2010 in General
Helllo everyone i downloaded trial version last night to play and would like to weld a name together..
Can i do this with the trial version....
i am very new to this so any suggestions or tricks would be greatly appreciated
i am testing both this and scal now but so far this seems to be the one for me as i am not good with computer.
thanks..
Laura

Comments

• maliamalia Member Posts: 382
    Hi Laura,
    This is a great program. Watch all the tutorials. If you have specific questions just post them. Someone will help.
    Marcia
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    Laura,

Yes, you can play wround with weld in the trial version. Just place all the individual letters where you want them, draw a box around them with your mouse (this is called magic select), and then click on Weld on the menu on the bottom (the icon that looks like a welded square and circle).

Hope it helps,
    Stacy
    http://stackyscraps.com
  • digicrafterdigicrafter Member Posts: 569
    You can pretty much do every thing except cut then it will put a slice thru the deign, but you can create files and save them to your computer then when you purchase you can open and cut all the files you want, Don't forget to take a look at the gallery which can be found under custom shape tab then the make the cut logo there are over a 1100 files there.
  • lauraleelauralee Member Posts: 43
    thanks ladies... i will try right now... i think i needed to draw the box around then click on weld be right back
    thanks again.. Laura
    i just noticed my weld button at the button and in the edit part are not highlighted... and it wont' let me use them... any ideas... sorry for being such a pest
    but i really want to see if this program is user friendly..
    if i can use it anyone can.. thanks.
    Laura
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    lauralee,
    When you draw a box around your letters with the mouse, pay close attention and make sure that ALL parts of the letters are included (the blue dashed box that you drag with your mouse becomes separate blue dashed boxes around all the included letters). For weld, the letters all have to be touching too...if you want to just have a word with non-touching letters act as a group--use join. After you have dragged the dashed blue line around your word (the large dashed box dissapears and only the letters you surrounded have individual blue dashed boxes)...try CTRL W to weld if your button doesn't want to cooperate.
    You should be able to do everything in trial version that you can in the paid, but your designs will have a 'watermark' cut through them till you register. Enjoy!
    Hope this helps.
    Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    ladies i did everything i printed ASHER in storeybook font... the AS is together then the HE is together then the R is separate from both...
    i tried ctrl w also... it did some letters but not the whole word... i am going to try another word... Laura
    ok do you have to do each letter separately .... if so i think i have it.... wow am i silly today
    Laura
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Laura,
    I'm trying to see if I can recreate what's happening with you but the computer gremlins are having a party in my laptop. (Not a MTC problem) Everytime I'm trying to download the storybook font (from multiple sites) I KNOW I'm choosing to save as a zipped folder. For some unknown reason, it is saved and attempts to open as an MSDOS program...if I can actually get the storybook font, I will get back to you on weld.
    Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    thank you to all who helped today.. i cut my first project just now.. and i have now made and saved two very easy projects..
    i do believe so far this is easier than DS... thanks again..
    Laura
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!