We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I am really loving the free-dom with MTC vs. Design Studio/Cricut

JodyJody Member Posts: 59
edited January 2010 in General
I like how I can use images from DS cartridges and cut them with MTC I also have 3 or 4 programs with vector/raster (not sure what they are) images I am hoping to use. I have used them in scal so I assume they will work in MTC! I have more images probably than I know what to do with!!! Yippee!

Comments

• rachellann_714rachellann_714 Member Posts: 848
    It is nice to be able to do that but Make sue that you don't post a file with their designs , because They ( Provo Craft) will probaly have a cow,
    Owner of a 24" Silver Bullet Professional Series, 18" Black cat Cougar, uscutters MH871, Bosskut gazelle. I can help with start up.  for the Cougar and Lynx and the Silver Bullet Professional Series. http://thatsscrapinc.com/ http://thymegraphics.co.uk/
  • JodyJody Member Posts: 59
    yes, I know! ; ) How would they know whether I had a certain cartridge or not though??
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    Jody,
    Please be carefull how you phrase things. You are not actually 'taking' an image from a cartridge - that is illegal. Here is a thread about what you CAN do:

http://make-the-cut.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=71

"CommentAuthorTucirc CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    The "Cricut Backup" software may not go into Make The Cut, but be a separate download.

The reason it has to be like this is you need to run it side-by-side with Design Studio (obviously because that's the only way to get the cartridge data). Adding the backup to Make The Cut would just add bulk and confusion.

But, none-the-less, i have it working -- i have all my cartridges as SVG files, it's just not user friendly yet!

Another thing to consider (in the meantime) is to just screencap the shape in preview mode in CDS and trace it in MTC. This is 100% legal as well. You are allowed to "record" the shape from your screen -- it's just like recording a song with an audio recorder or video with a screen recorder. "

iggylover talking again:
    You are (hopefully) doing a legal screencapture, not illegally taking images from the cartridges. Remember, no one wants this site or Andy to get into trouble.
    Hope this helps, and I'm not trying to be mean or offend, so please don't take it that way. :-)
    Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • JodyJody Member Posts: 59
    I am doing screen capture! Thanks for the heads up tho
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!