We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

need help with cut/RESOLVED!

aubreyaubrey Member Posts: 102
edited October 2010 in Resolved Issues
How can I draw an oblong box and then add cut marks the entire length of it without cutting through to the top side? Pretty sad description, I know, but I can't think of how else to describe it. I want to use it for making quilled paper flowers. Kind of like a mustache (sp?) made out of paper-not shaped, just straight. I looked through all the tuts and the gallery, but could find nothing like what I need. I am getting better at working with MTC. I am very stubborn, so I just keep working. This program is amazing and relatively easy to use. I am slow but determined. I have been showing it to others in the hopes they will buy it (I can do the basics, it is the harder, more complicated stuff I am not too good with). Thank you for any help that can be provided. I appreciate your time. Have a great day, everyone!

Comments

• CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    I"m not sure.LOL

I'm trying to visualize what you mean and I'm wondering if you can't just use Score lines for the length and make the box solid.
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    edited October 2010
    I am having trouble visualizing what you want as well. Do you mean something like this with slits in it and then finished out to be a box? This is done easily with the join command.
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • neldanelda Moderator Posts: 11,637
    Or this, like a comb? Also done with easily with joining.
    018.JPG 39.8K
    In Indy, blogging along at http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/ Lettering Delights affiliate - order through here to give me credit! Cutters: using the the Silhouette SD almost exclusively these days!
  • rkretovicsrkretovics Member Posts: 926
    Nelda, I think she means your second one - like a comb. That is what you need to roll really tight and then push on the petals to make them open.
    Rene' Kretovics Finally back in Texas!! I hope to be as good a person my dog thinks I am!!! Proud owner of a Silver Bullet and a new Zing Air!!
  • aubreyaubrey Member Posts: 102
    Sorry ladies, I had to leave to go to care center for my Mom. She's 95 and when they call, I go. She's doing fine now, just a bump in her road. Sorry for the shoddy description. Nelda is the closest to what I was needing, only no spaces, just slits. I have tried taking a rectangle and using the slicing tool to make slits (not all the way through) and welding. Doesn't work. Next I tried to use join, which works somewhat, but is very hard to set the slicing tool in even increments. Next I tried to use join and then the slicing tool and dup. the slicing tool and then joining to my rectangle. I can get up to about 120 in the dup. and then MTC freezes. I'm sure it is something I am doing, but I'm stumped as to what to try next. Thanks to all who replied. I would post a pic if I knew how. Rkretovics is correct in the description of the use for this cut. I will continue to try, and any suggestions are appreciated.
    Sorry, Nelda, I forgot to add that your second pic is the closest to what I need. Not the first. Sorry-still at the care center mentally with my Mom. Thanks to all for your help.
    I think this is what you are looking for.
    Rene' Kretovics Finally back in Texas!! I hope to be as good a person my dog thinks I am!!! Proud owner of a Silver Bullet and a new Zing Air!!
    how do I put a picture of it in here?
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    When you want to post a picture here: look under the text box you are typing in for the brown words:" [+] Attachments " ....click on that, Browse, find your file (hopefully you remember where you saved it), and add. (I usually hit "Preview Post" after that, and if I see what appears to be two identical files listed in blue--that is correct, only one picture will show, but you know it has been added).

The forum displays .jpg, .png and .mtc well I think...and they can't be too large (file-size, NOT meaning big on the screen...no need to apologize for big pictures, I like to see the detail) :D
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    Thank you all for your help. Yes, rkretovics, that is exactly what I wanted. Think it is so very special that there are others willing to help you work out your difficulties. Thank you for all the information. My cut line was not quite right, but it is now. I will be a happy camper tonight. Bonus feature: instructions on how to post a photo. I am going to try and copy it and file. Thanks again for the help.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!