We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Off MTC Topic

rachellann_714rachellann_714 Member Posts: 848
edited January 2010 in General
Well I got one of those wild hair my hubby says I get everynow and then. I had an extra monitor sitting around and decided that I would put it to use. Two monitors on one tower I open things up on the left and grab it and move it to then right . I can have something else open on the left IE;;; internet or another program and go from one to the otheror move things around. I was able to watch the tutorial one one and follow along on the other screen without stoping or minimizing. It was easy to set it up and only took about 20 min tops.
Owner of a 24" Silver Bullet Professional Series, 18" Black cat Cougar, uscutters MH871, Bosskut gazelle. I can help with start up.  for the Cougar and Lynx and the Silver Bullet Professional Series. http://thatsscrapinc.com/ http://thymegraphics.co.uk/

Comments

• lisa_anderson771lisa_anderson771 Member Posts: 323
    Good idea if your workspace has the room for it.
  • rachellann_714rachellann_714 Member Posts: 848
    It's tight but still have room for the all in one printer on the right and cricut E to the left.
    Owner of a 24" Silver Bullet Professional Series, 18" Black cat Cougar, uscutters MH871, Bosskut gazelle. I can help with start up.  for the Cougar and Lynx and the Silver Bullet Professional Series. http://thatsscrapinc.com/ http://thymegraphics.co.uk/
  • AndyAndy Administrator Posts: 4,579
    sweet setup! I need another monitor, badly. It's so useful!
    I don't often test my code... But when I do, I do it in production.
  • ConiCutsConiCuts Member Posts: 1,673
    Oh gimme' some dual monitor love...I have had mine for a few years. Son worked for IBM here in Charlotte before moving to NY a few months ago. PC Whiz that boy. Anywhoo he got me into this dual monitor setup and now I couldn't live without it! Oh and he even built my pc!
  • pigtailpatpigtailpat Member Posts: 1,517
    It's a nice set up, but once you get a really large widescreen monitor (I have a beautiful 27" one from Dell), I think the need for dual monitors is somewhat old hat. Dual monitors were utilized alot when monitor size was limited. With modern specs, monitor sizes have grown. It used to be to get a 27" inch monitor, it would be thousands of dollars, when I got mine it was hovering around $750-$800. It is probably less now (I have mine a little over a year now). I believe that unless you really need that 4:3 aspect ratio, just get a modern size and be done with it. Make sure it is true 1080 P high-def specs, and has display port connectivity. My CPU is due for an upgrade this year (it'll be 5 years soon), so I am hoping to get a display port video card in the new CPU to really take advantage of the monitor. his upgrade is still quite a few months down the road to reality, but i am hoping for sometime in 2010. If Andy can like the weld problem, then I can upgrade my equipment!
    Cuts with Gazelle, PNC with silhouette.
    edited January 2010
    Old hat? Well I love the fit of mine...Sorry, but I totally disagree! JMHO. I had the opportunity to get a large screen when one of my monitors broke and I told hubby, heck NO! One large screen I still have to drag windows around, hate that. With dual, I can keep my browser up on one, and work with Adobe Pro on the other, design my patterns, fill etsy orders, book clients (hair stylist too), read and answer email and never miss a beat! So for me dual monitors is the only way to go, you can keep your 27" one. LOL
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    Hehehehe, this does look nice, I am constantly flipping between screens, I live for Alt+Tab but I work mostly on a laptop, you are making me soooo jealous!! ;)
  • rachellann_714rachellann_714 Member Posts: 848
    I wish I had somebody to build me a pc. but I read about things and do the work myself, I'm no genious but I am able to get alot done by trial and error.
  • SandyWSandyW Member Posts: 1,289
    Isn't this just a great thing!!!! This is the way my setup at work is. I have two monitors and now I don't ever want to go back to just using one monitor. Don't think I could work, LOL.....
    Sandy W. (formerly "BugHappyGrams") Charlotte, NC http://thehobbylady.blogspot.com/
  • mom6hsrmom6hsr Member Posts: 277
    my son did that with my brand new huge monitor when my main comp crashed right after my laptop did. so he has two to do his gaming, you should see it, its awesome... we have so much comp junk laying around. its all going tomorrow!!!! yea... (i built my first comp way back when and my kids kinda took over)
    its really nice to work just like the picture above shows you, if you have the room and money, I really suggest everyone go for it!!!
  • CarrieCarrie Member Posts: 1,169
    I did a go for it with my computer tower, it was making a noise, something hitting the fan blade, so I thought I should take off the case, so I started taking the side screws off and something fell inside the tower, I am thinking OH MY!! (my hands just shaking),I know I am a redneck, so I went on the internet how to take the case off the tower, just 4 screws on the front, and the slide the sides off, was a wire touching the fan blade, but the dust was nasty, so I cleaned that out, and we have 2 other computers so I did them to, all that dust sitting on the fan blade must be hard on them, one computer I had to take the front off to get the sides off, that one was older computer, nice it had picture instructions on the back side of tower on how to get that off, so a redneck like me wouldn't wreck the case while trying to get it off. LOL That thing that had fallen inside the tower, just was common sense on how to put that back together, it was a screen that covered air vents. Don't worry I did unplug everything first before I started, I am not bad as a redneck. LOL
    image+++MTC fan since December 2009+++~~~Own a Silhouette Cameo~~~ ****MTC is the best PROGRAM Ever!!!**** 1-22-14 Bought PCS! ****A fan of Andy the Amazing Designer, and Ann helping him to get started****
  • whaddacutupwhaddacutup Member Posts: 92
    i recently got set up with dual monitors at work and I didn't think I was going to like it....well, I LOVE it. I have certain tasks that must be monitored constantly and this allows this with less effort. I really like it and would do it at home in a heartbeat if I used a desktop anymore. Strictly laptop these days. I too, don't think this is old hat....I think with some of the programs we are running it's almost a necessity! Congrats on the setup Rachellann...You have been a busy girl lately. LOL
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Rachellann I know what you mean about trial and error. I can usually figure things out by myself, but on that rare occasion when I can't I depend on my son. However, he moved to NY a few months ago and so far thankfully I've had no big issues. He was able to connect to my pc last week remotely and fix a problem I had with my Adobe Pro. I'm thankful he is so techie! LOL
  • craftydivacraftydiva Member Posts: 265
    I soooo wish I had a techie in my family, you guys make me jealous.... : ( I think my laptop is dying, its only a little over a year old and I've had a couple of 'blue screen of death' episodes lately, I really hate the fact that I love my laptop soooo much. Anyhoo, another problem, should anyone be able to shed some light for me is that I cannot access my 'E' drive it tells me it needs to be formatted, this is where I keep my uninstalled fonts and all my svgs, I do have backups but think I lost a week or so worth of work that I have recently had to redo. Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong? is my drive fried?
    Hugs
    Karen
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!