We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where do you save your svg files and font files?

SheriSheri Member Posts: 539
edited January 2010 in General
I am starting to collect svg files and font files and am just wondering where you save them to. Right now I am saving them in folders called TTfonts and one called SVG files under my documents. Is this where I should be saving them? Also am I suppose to put a .svg behind the files when I save them. This is all new to me and I am a little flustered as sometimes when I go to where their saved there will only be half the files I saved. Then other times when I go to where their suppose to be they are all there. Its wierd! Does it change as to the process you take to get to that point. I just want to make sure I am saving everything correctly since I am starting from scratch. I also save my MTC projects under my documents in a folder called make the cut projects. Do I need to add an extension to the file name? such as JohnDoe.mtc Any help would be appreciated.

Sheri

Comments

• SheriSheri Member Posts: 539
    I was just in MTC and went to file open and went to svg file where I saved them and all the ones I downloaded this morning were not there. But if I go to click on the svg icon and open where I have the files were saved they are there. This is where I am confused as I would like to see them all no matter how I open it. This is totally bothering me. Please help.
  • stackyscrapsstackyscraps Member Posts: 1,084
    Hey Sheri,

The File-->Open command is for MTC files with extension .MTC.
    The SVG image or the File-->Import-->SVG/SVGZ is to import SVG images into MTC.

Hope it helps!!
  • JodyJody Member Posts: 59
    hmmm. that doesn't help me. When I am in MTC working on something and want to save it where and how should I save it? I have tried to make a folder for MTC projects, but when I go back to open something I have worked on I can't seem to find it where I thought I saved it??
    TIA
    Jody
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    I try to pay close attention when I save. I usually use 'save as' and that gives me my options of where to put it - then into documents - then into my MTC folder under each project / page name. HTH

Jeanette

Sorry it doesn't help you know where to find those already saved. For that, try a search for *.mtc and they ought to pull up. Then 'save as'...
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
  • nomemnomem Member Posts: 3,106
    I made a folder on my desktop named "MTC Files." I save all the MTC files I download and all my MTC projects into that folder. As I accumulate more files/projects, I open separate folders (school, Christmas, etc) in my MTC Files folder.
  • rachellann_714rachellann_714 Member Posts: 848
    I have all mine in folders on my external all MTC files in one font files in another coloring pages another. if its a special MTC item and more that one page I make a foler inside the MTC folder lable it with that specific file name and put all the mats that go with in there.
    Owner of a 24" Silver Bullet Professional Series, 18" Black cat Cougar, uscutters MH871, Bosskut gazelle. I can help with start up.  for the Cougar and Lynx and the Silver Bullet Professional Series. http://thatsscrapinc.com/ http://thymegraphics.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!