We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

storing projects in my shapes [Resolved]

mary marrmary marr Member Posts: 22
edited July 2010 in Resolved Issues
Help I have tried opening the MTC choice by clicking the gear and it says Internet Explorer can't open the program. Then I tried to put 2 shapes in my choice or used to be the library and all I got was an empty box that looked like it had mesh on it and a dark blue line from 1 side to the other. I tried to delete both of them and I can't does anyone know what I should do? Mary Marr

Comments

• CaseysAngelCaseysAngel Member Posts: 14,967
    first off make sure you are using IE 7 or above
    Also you need the object on the mat SELECTED BEFORE you send it to your library. Also it doesn't hold the size once it goes to library so what may look like a dot may actually be your image VERY VERY small.

HTH

Christy
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • iggyloveriggylover Moderator Posts: 11,513
    In case you're not sure how to check on your version of IE, here are some directions:

HOW TO CHECK WHAT VERSION OF IE YOU ARE RUNNING:
    http://support.transact.wa.gov/taw_user/tw47.shtml

about.com has some great instructions on how to update your IE found here:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/f/update-internet-explorer.htm
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    BTT
    Christy http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ Cutters: Craft Robo, Cricut Expression, and the absolute BEST A BLACK CAT COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you know reading this post verses the other one you typed I'm not sure we are understanding you.

When you click the gear you are not opening an MTC file you are importing something either from pixel trace, basic shapes, the gallery, etc. If you are trying to get to the gallery then yes you need to make sure you have IE 7 or above. If you aren't trying to get into the gallery then It shouldn't be asking you anything about being online.

BTW, you open MTC files by clicking the folder or using File/open not the gear.

Can you take a screen shot of what you are talking about (the error message preferrably) because I am not sure that I"m understanding what is going on to be able to help you accurately.
    Mary,

Can you please do a 'screen capture' to show us what you are seeing on your screen?

Get the screen to look like you where describing, then look at the very top of the keyboard usually right next to the F12 button for a key that says "PrtSC" or "Print Screen" or something along that line. Push that button once...it will look like nothing happened. Now open 'Paint' on your computer...if it is a Windows computer, "Paint" is a program found by clicking the 'Start' or the circular Windows icon/button thing on the lower-left part of your bottom toolbar...choosing 'All Programs' and then 'Accesories'...Paint is in there. When Paint is opened...hit "Ctrl+V" on your keyboard to paste in the screen capture...and then on the upper toolbar of Paint, choose 'File', then 'Save As', and type in a name and a place on your computer where you want to save it to (like the name would be "Problem Screen for MTC forum" and you would save it in "My Pictures".

Then once you have it saved, you type in the forum, look under the text box for the brown words saying: "[+] Attachments", click on it, hit "Browse", choose "My Pictures", and "Problem Screen for MTC forum (or whatever you named it)...and hit "Add your comments". (It will take two clicks, and the file looks like it is doubled...I don't know why...but it means you've done it right).

Hope this helps...it will help us to know what you are seeing...

Thanks,

Jeanette
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke Jeanette in Orange County, CA Love my Italian Greyhound --> I.G.--> iggy Own a Create: Krikee, getting used to a Black Cat Cougar: Bagheera
    Also, reading through your first post again...the quick and easy way to delete things out of your "My Shapes" library on MTC, is to open the library, click the shape to highlight it, and to hit the "Delete" of "Del" key on your keyboard (top right)...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!