We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Brand new Silhouette Cameo user - cutting issues

I have used a Cricut for 1.5 years and just purchased the Cameo Pro.  None of the cut settings on the Cameo work at all for cardstock, vinyl, and HTV.  Usually, it is not a deep enough cut.  I am used to cutting on my Cricut and with cardstock, for example, just peeling away the design and all the small cut-out pieces staying stuck to the cutting mat.  I just cut cardstock on my Cameo and having to go back with a knife to get the cuts finished.  I selected "Cardstock, Textured - Heavy (80lb)" as the material, and it was just plain cardstock I was using.  This is a brand new machine, so I assume the auto blade should not be the problem either.  Can anyone point me in the direction of where I must be messing up. I don't want to waste any more material trying to get this right. 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 11,007
    @JC4CraftCreations - I would get a regular blade and try that, I have heard that the autoblade is really not ready for primetime and it has issues and does not work half the time.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,888
    I can attest to that! When contracted by an Aussie company to write a UM for the Cameo4, I discovered that the Autoblade is quite buggy. I started running tests on whether or not it accurately set the Depth each time to the value I entered in the Send window and the results indicated that about half of the time it was wrong.  Then I bought a new Autoblade thinking I just had a defective one and got the same result. :(  As Liz pointed out:  not ready for prime time. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/