We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

make the cut replacement

dollhouse1dollhouse1 Member Posts: 2
Okay!  I am way behind the eight ball on Make the cut software.  I am still currently using this program with my Zing cutter.  I take it that this software is no longer available and neither is the Zing.  Where do I go from here if  what I have is totally out dated???? Help. 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,979
    @dollhouse1 - I believe you are quite safe for the now. MTC continues to work in Windows and as long as your cutter is working, you have nothing to worry about.

What may change things is IF Windows goes with just a 64 bit environment AND drops support for 32 bit programs, which is what Macs did last year. Then the MTC software will likely not work in that environment as it is 32 bit. However, this wouldn't affect you until, or IF you updated to a new computer with just 64 bit.

While MTC has not been updated in a long time, it still works, and I still use it all the time.

Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) works with all the KNK cutters, old and new. So if you did get affected by the above scenario, then SCAL will work. And SCAL now supports importing .mtc files.

HTH

Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • dollhouse1dollhouse1 Member Posts: 2

Thank you very much for your input.  I guess I will keep using the MTC because I love the program and my Zing cutter until something happens.

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,979
    @dollhouse1 - if the forum disappears you can always look for us over on Facebook, we have several KNK groups for support over there.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,880
    You can also email me directly at [email protected], if you ever need help, but be sure to save my email address somewhere besides here. OR  you can find it on my web site: iloveknk.com.

In the even you can't use MTC for whatever reason, Sure Cuts A Lot 5 works with all KNK models, as well. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/