We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

hi there

CD82CD82 Member Posts: 6
so i am thinking about getting another cameo 4 
i bought one a while back in a kit on amazon and had nothing but issues with it. 
couldnt ever get it to cut right  it would cut though the matt or not at all wouldnt feed right.
i ruined alot of vinyl lol..

im thinking about giving another one a try i want to make stencils mainly. 
i do custom painting and making my own stencils would be very nice. 
my thing is since i had a bad go about in round one with a cameo.
if i should try it again or not ? 

i know you can get low tack cutting matts etc 
would be looking for some good stencil material as well 
both resuable and non reuseable

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,946
    @CD82 - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum where we support users of the software Make The Cut! and cutters that are supported by Make The Cut! The newer Cameos are not supported except for very basic cutting. Cameos are considered a lightweight in the global ring of the cutting world. If you are doing this for a cash generating hobby, or for a business why not consider a business class cutter that has infinitely more power for cutting stencil material than any Cameo. Just a thought!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • CD82CD82 Member Posts: 6
    @Liz_A what might you suggest? thanks for the reply 
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,946
    @CD82 - I am a very big fan of a newish to the market brand called Skycut. They got their start by manufacturing cutters (in China) for a US based business call Klic N Kut. The owners retired and did not want to continue the business or develop new cutters. The factory in China took over the design and did a lot of research and development to make the Skycut lines. In the US they are sold and supported through https://plottergeeks.com/. SCAL - Sure Cuts A Lot - supports all the cutters for software.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • CD82CD82 Member Posts: 6
    @Liz_A yeah im just wanting to make stencils!!!   600$ is the cheapeast one that i see from that place you listed.. 
    the stencil material is not very thick..