We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Is there some limit to the number of "Basic Cut"' I can have in the Cricut Design Space?

bad66cpbad66cp Member Posts: 5
edited March 31 in Your Masterpieces
We uploaded my svg file in the "Cricut v6.6.121" and then inserted onto the design space and hit "Make It" and it said "Loading Project,  Wow that's a big project. This may take a moment."  So it works for about 3 min then closes out and goes to the home screen with no warning or termination messages.  Any ideas?

Answers

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,305
    Welcome to the Make the Cut Software support forum. It is not a generic cutting forum. For help with that cutter and program, you will need to find a group that supports it, unfortunately, Provocraft did away with their forums years ago. There are Facebook groups that support those cutters that you can look for help on
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,946
    @bad66cp - the Cricut Design Space is primitive at best. It has a lot of problems with files that other cutting programs sail through. In all their upgrades to cutters over the years, Cricut didn't do much to give more processing power. Voice your complaints to Cricut. Start here:

https://help.cricut.com/hc/en-us
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • bad66cpbad66cp Member Posts: 5
    Liz_A said:
    @bad66cp - the Cricut Design Space is primitive at best. It has a lot of problems with files that other cutting programs sail through. In all their upgrades to cutters over the years, Cricut didn't do much to give more processing power. Voice your complaints to Cricut. Start here:

https://help.cricut.com/hc/en-us
    Liz, are you saying that there is other software available for use on the Cricut machine?
    @bad66cp - no, Cricut made sure of that! They sued the developer of this software (you are on the Make The Cut! software forum which was originally developed so the developer's wife could cut fonts from her computer on her Cricut) twice, as well as two other software developers. So no other software communicates with the newer cutters like yours. BUT you can use a more advanced software to create or fix files. What software are you using, you mentioned "upload" so I assume some other software is being used. You might need to "simplify" your design in that software.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Your design likely has too many nodes.
    I used an online bmp to svg converter to convert my images to svg.  I did actually get it to work on cricut by creating a negative (black background and white image) using my matlab script I wrote.  So it seems to be working now, but too many pieces to remove from the cut result, so I need to group more pixels together to make the cut pieces larger.
    @bad66cp - vector is all about the nodes, not pixels. Pixels are raster bits. I use Make The Cut! (still considered one of the best tracing tools by those knowledgeable about such things) or Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL). You can convert a variety of files to SVG and have the ability to simplify it to something DS will open and cut.
    yes, I understand the nodes, but I have to start with pixels, so need to do more processing to combine pixels to make fewer nodes for extraction
    @bad66cp - actually I would start with a bitmap trace of my raster image, and then manage the nodes there. Unless you are using a good raster editing program, that makes more sense! Good luck with your project!
    I think I've got it handled, thanks!