We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

New computer/old program

I have a program purchased when you could use it with cricut. Had to buy a new computer, I have been able to transfer file, the program will open, I can set up my project but it will not let me cut.  HELP PLEASE!

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,946
    @zooella - You will need to install the FTDI Chip driver found here:

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/ scroll to Windows operating system install, file is on the right side. Restart the computer after. 
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • zooellazooella Member Posts: 4
    I downloaded the chip driver, restarted and it still did not work.   :(
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,946
    @zooella - did you install the Cricut plugin? It would be in a folder called Plugins.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    I can't find a cricut plug in. Sorry for being a pain.
    What am I missing?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,305
    What version of MTC are you trying to run? Some of the earlier versions did not have “plugins” for cutters it was programmed in so it is possible, depending on the version you have, that you don’t have plugins needed. Did you have your software registration code to put in to the new computer? If not, you may be out of luck as you can no longer obtain those.  What cutter are you trying to use? You would not be able to use a newer Cricut machine so it would have to be an old cutter still?  We need a lot more information to be able to help you troubleshoot further and it may be possible that you are out of luck.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)