We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Thermal foil smearing in printer

lyrajadedlyrajaded Member Posts: 1
Hallo hallo! I’ve been trying to make some multi colour prints with foils, however, the white foil keeps smearing badly when I run it through the printer for the black layer and I’m not sure how to deal with it. The gold layer stays just fine on second/third printing. I tried spraying the layer with acrylic setting spray, but it still smears. Does anyone know if there is a better white or some other way I can keep my shapes clean?

Thanks
Eyo

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,893
    @lyrajaded - welcome to the Make The Cut! software support forum where we support users of the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. You're talking about a printer or printing issue, I think, and I really have no idea what your process is or what you are trying to achieve. To get a better result with your Google search, try including brand name of printer and brand name of foil you are using.  Good luck!!!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.