We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Shadow to lower right (light source on upper left)

WilliamG47WilliamG47 Member Posts: 4
Can I shadow individual letters so shadow would only be on lower right of letter?
I want to show an accent line on the lower right of each letter in a sentence with a small space between each shadow and letter. Hope someone might be able to tell me how to do this.
Thanks in advance
Bigbill

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    @WilliamG47 - Hi Bill....maybe a photo of what you want to do might be enlightening =).

Based on what I understand you want something like this:

Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • WilliamG47WilliamG47 Member Posts: 4
    Sort of. I made a stencil for a welcome sign but the letters didn't stand out on it. My thought was to create like an offset shadow on the same template so a different color line could be painted something like you show but with a separation between the letter and  the line (because it is being used as a stencil) Thanks Liz

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,308
    edited January 15
    Just to clarify and make sure everyone is on the same page since you just joined the forum a couple days ago, this is your first post, and no where did say what cutter or software you are using 🤔 are you working with Make The Cut software whose support forum we are on? I ask to clarify because many people find this forum while doing a google type search for help and assume It is a generic cutting forum rather than one specific to a particular program.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    @MeFlick I am new to to the forum only because I had to rejoin because I could no longer use my original login (it required a password change but that was not possible because I have a new email provider) Yes I am using MTC software ( that will be my next problem because I would like to move it to Ubuntu 40.04 platform)
    Bill

@WilliamG47 - I thought that was you Bill, welcome back! Glad you were able to get logged in again.

To achieve what you need - better visuals - maybe just adding an extra border around the letters might help and be the easiest to achieve. I'll pot a picture here next.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.

I did this in MTC, not sure if we are going in the right direction. I created a long rectangle and did a Boolean Join on the drop shadow to chop off the top part.
    @Liz_A - Thanks it is good to be back but a little sad to see how much it has changed. That said it is nice to see some members are still around.
    I think I can work with what you have suggested.
    Thanks again
    Bill