We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

stack and cut

jawsfreejawsfree Member Posts: 2
I am using silhouette design studio plus. I have made and outline of some hops and I need to layer them to get the effect I am looking for. They are outlined so they don't have any background. I want to be able to place one on top of the other at a slightly different angle and only let the upper most parts of the image appear. I guess you may call it flattening the image but I am not sure how it works in designer studio. thanks for your time.

Jason

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,843
    @jawsfree - I am having a hard time visualizing what you are trying to do. "Flattening" is a term that is used in raster graphics, not vector graphics - we have terms like union, join, weld, group. So for example you can have layers and layers of graphics and when exported as a JPG file the layers are all flattened into one complete layer, if the image is irregular, then you will have white background that fills in to make up the rectangle shape of the window. If the shapes you are talking about are in the Silhouette software, you would WELD (all objects become one object, takes on the colour of the top most object) or GROUP (all objects retain their individual colours, and when clicked all are treated as one shape). You can undo GROUP but I don't think you can UNWELD after you have made other changes, unless you use UNDO and undo everything in between.

If that doesn't help, you might need to consider other software or go get help from a Silhouette group. This forum supports the software MAKE THE CUT! and its supported cutters. Make The Cut! is a vector program for designing cutting files.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • jawsfreejawsfree Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Liz_A that is exactly the info I needed.