We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut Design Space and Cricut Maker uneven text cutting

JannyLeeJannyLee Member Posts: 1

My cuts are not consistent and are very irregular and uneven.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Design Space and have also disconnected and reconnected my Maker and put in a brand new blade.  I changed my canvas to Classic.  I did some troubleshooting and have determined that it is not Inkscape that is the issue.  Whether I upload SVG files that I created in Inkscape into DS or type the text directly into DS, I still get the terrible uneven and irregular cuts.  The first two pics show the set up in DS - everything looks great.  The next pic shows the cuts.  Even printing the exact same one twice yields different results between the two.  The font is not the issue as this is a different font than I was using before when this happened.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,842
    @JannyLee - welcome to the Make The Cut! user software forum where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. I don't use DS at all to cut, I only have to support the software end of things, not issues with cutting. But this looks like a classic issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling software is kind of like doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome =). So have you changed your blade? What blade is it? It looks likes the blade tip is too exposed and could possibly be too big a blade tip to make those itty bitty tight corners, given it looks like the text is .75" high and 4" long. And what are you cutting? It could be vinyl, it could be heavy cardstock, can't say. I think you need to experiment with a different blade, or different blade holder.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.