We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Use of brother DXB500

NannyspainNannyspain Member Posts: 2
I am considering purchasing this new machine, but have not found out if you can import your own designs. I have a Pazzles cutting machine and hundreds of WPC cutting files I wondered if you could convert these to SGV files. Thanks Patricia

Comments

• NannyspainNannyspain Member Posts: 2
    sorry I THINK THIS SHOULD READ DXB900
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,842
    @Nannyspain - I don't have a Brother cutter, their software is too proprietary, I stick with non-proprietary cutters. But, if you have Make The Cut! software (this is the Make The Cut! software support forum), you can import a WPC project file and then Select All (CTRL+A) and File => Export to SVG. I see you have just joined us here today, so you likely don't have MTC. You would need to purchase it, demo mode doesn't allow exporting. That or Google how to change WPC project files to SVG.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,857
    You can also do the same using Sure Cuts A Lot 5 and also export as FCM which is Brother's own file format for their cutters.  I can't recall exactly why some Brother owners prefer SVG over FCM or vice-versa. But just know that you would have either option with that software.

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,842
    @Nannyspain - Sandy is correct...if the SVG is too big or complex, Brother chokes on it. Your would want to then re-export as FCM. MTC does not support that.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.