We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo 4 Cutting Issue

Hi I have just bought the Silhouette Cameo 4, and have been cutting card, but when i try to cut joined writing, it just tears the colour off the letters. 
Any ideas how I can stop this

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,842
    @megancharlotte - Hi Megan, welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we support users of the software Make The Cut! Your cutter is not supported in Make The Cut!, so we will assume you are using the Silhouette software.

It sounds like your blade is too low, too close to the material you are cutting so the blade tip is lifting off the shiny layer. You need to retract the blade, if using the AutoBlade, know that there are issues with it that have not been addressed. Recommend you change to one of the older style blade holders and use the recommended setting for the material you are cutting.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.