We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Looking for assistance

waybetterwaybetter Member Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in General
Have a black cat bc 24 we bought used. we are print co. Looking to contour cut. Need help ... .consultant for Quick start. Let me know if anyone interested. Just have a machine in good shape some blades. Think we need make a cut not sure if drivers or ,,,what else. Thanks

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,307
    edited December 2020
    You have purchased a used cutter that is fairly obsolete, not made or sold anymore and thus parts that may go out may not be attainable anymore. I am not referring to blades and mats, but to the electronics and such. It has been many years since the BC cutters were produced and sold.  Just making sure you know this. 

That all said, if you need software to work with the cutter, you would best be served to look at getting SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot.) software as it too works with the older BC cutters and is a software that is being updated regularly and works with newer cutters in case the day comes you need to get a new one. It will also have the drivers to download. MTC is a good program, but has been abandoned for several years now by the developer which means it has not been updated in many years. Recently, it’s website had gone away and you could not purchase the program any longer. The website has shown back up, but you still cannot obtain a lost registration number from prior purchase if you had bought in the past. As a result, I am not sure you can in fact buy MTC in reality. 

@SandyMcC has written user Manuel’s for both MTC and SCAL which can be found on her website, Iloveknk.com

Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,307
    edited December 2020
    🙂error in posting original comments above
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,955
    @waybetter - I agree with @MeFlick - SCAL is the much better option for your cutter.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,871
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/