We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Making washi tape stick to paper

JessieVJessieV Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone! I’m new here! I enjoy making greeting cards with washi tape but it always seems to peel up around the edges. Does anyone have a solution? I’d like to have a quality product I can sell. All tutorials I watch make it look like people just stick the tape down and it magically stays. But mine is hit and miss. I tried glue on the back of the tape but that seems to warp the card. Anyone else have this problem?

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,842
    @JessieV - we are not a technique group per say, as this is a forum to support people who use the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutting machines. Some members will no doubt use washi tape in their projects

So there is good quality washi tape and there is poor quality tape. Which type are you using? I have used both - dollar store variety, and name brand products like Stampin Up and WRMK brands. I typically don't decorate cards with washi tape as its not considered to be permanent, on some surfaces or products it may peel off very easily or quickly. So that speaks to what type of paper are you using that you are applying the washi tape to, perhaps it doesn't make for a good washi tape candidate either. I have used some washi tape over and over and over again to tape down foiling paper when I use a WRMK Foil Quill.

Suggestion: when applying washi tape, apply it so that it wraps around the edge of the card, and perhaps anchor it in a way where you can apply another card stock to the backside. 

Try a different brand of paper.

Try a different brand of washi tape.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,857
    Try a glue stick instead. It won't warp the cardstock and should hold the tape well.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • JessieVJessieV Member Posts: 2
    Oh my! I’m so sorry to post inappropriate content for the group! Nevertheless thank you so much for your kind support. It is very helpful!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,842
    @JessieV - no worries at all! This forum is just a hair breadths distance from expiring itself as the software is fairly obsolete and unsupported. I respond to questions like yours as I know that typically people find us because of a Google search and they really have no clue as to what we are all about. =)

Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.