We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Calibration and tolerances for Cameo 4 ISSUES

greenflygreenfly Member Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in General
Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with my tolerances and the alingments of my cameo 4.

https://imgur.com/a/laZQpYL <----------- image also attached

As you can see in the image above, i have the far left corner of my cut pretty close to where its meant to be and that is whilst using the distance calibration setting as shown. (the cut in silhouette studio was lined up exactley with the corresponding line on the matt, which is the grid you can see behind the paper).

i am struggling however to make the cutter start in the correct position and not be rotated, as you can see, both the right hand cut's are low which tells be it is rotated down on that side, and this is consistent with all the cut i perform.

I guess my questions are,
  • is this an issue with how i load the matt? that fact the missalingment is consistemnt tells me thats not the case 
  • are these tolerences normal and within "acceptable" margins for what the machine can perform?
  • how else can i manually align the machine?? as i have spesific print requirements which wont allow me to use print and cut, so i have to print natively and then bring my .DXF file into silhouette studio
A few notes:

I have had to use the distance calibrations settings as the scale the machine originally cut at did not match with what was being shown in silhouette studio (it was squished horizontally initially and slightly vertically)

I am very careful to try and load the matt and paper consistently each time and so dont thing ay of these issues are due to that, but if there are any techniques for loading that matt that you guys have, please share. 

I hope you you enjoyed my litle rant and any advice or tips would be very welcome

Thanks Greenfly
Post edited by greenfly on

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,299
    Welcome to the Make The Cut software support forum. I see you just joined. It is not a generic forum, but specific to this software and the cutters it works with, it does not work with the Cameo 4. For help with that cutter, you will need to look for the many Facebook groups for users of that cutter and software as Silhouette does not provide an official support forum unfortunately. Good luck. (There is little traffic here anymore as this software has been abandoned by the developer and not had any updates in several years now.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)