We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Offset Cutting

joannaolsonjoannaolson Member Posts: 2
I am returning to Silhouette after a long hiatus after just purchasing a Portrait 3 and I'd like to make stickers with the images that I'm importing having a small white space around.  I use the offset and it creates a secondary cut line which I don't want.
I want the tracing around the image to be deleted (which I do) and just cut on the offset line.  But even though I deleted the line hugging the image, it still cuts when I put it through the machine.  So in effect, it reverted back to the double cut line. What am I doing wrong??

Best Answer

Answers

• joannaolsonjoannaolson Member Posts: 2
    Okay - I was beginning to think I was in the wrong forum.  thanks for the prompt reply.....Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,307
    Your welcome. Holiday was good as I hope yours was. Unfortunately MTC is now an abandoned software program for cutters so there is no longer much activity here, just a few die hards who have trouble letting it go. 😉☺️😏 Sad because it was and still is a great program and is responsible for pushing the envelope for cutter software for years and this was always a busy sharing place. As a result, it sometimes takes a bit for one of us die heads to check in to answer questions.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,955
    You want to have two shapes on the mat...one which is the image you are going to print but not cut, and two which is the shadow or offset that you are going to cut. So get those set up, making sure to use the SS print and cut and set one to print and not and the second to print and cut. Hope that makes sense.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.