We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

controlling the size on the shadow feature.

I seem to be having trouble controlling the size on the shadow feature.   Version 3.2.1.    I have not had this problem in the past and it does not happen always, but my shadow is way larger than I would like but I can't change it.   Any suggestions.
Thanks. 

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,777
    @dargus Can you apply a shadow the way you want with a regular shape from  Basic Shapes? I don't have that version installed, and at this point, I am not going to (in the middle of getting ready to migrate south). Show screen shots, showing the settings you are trying to apply and to what.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • dargusdargus Member Posts: 32
    There is a little shadow icon at the bottom and when you click on it a shadow appears behind text or object.   There is also another small box that opens that has a slider bar which allows you to change the size of the shadow.   There is also a spot that indicates the size of the shadow in inches.   But when I follow the normal steps, the shadow is not controlable  and I can not make is smaller.   The shadow is so large that it fills in all the openings  in the letters and looks way too large.   Normally you can just adjust the slider bar and choose how much or how little of a shadow you want.  

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,777
    @dargus - if you know how little you want it, you can just type that number in. So for a 1/4 inch = 0.25 choose in. For other options click the drop down and choose mm or cm. You can also put a - in front of the number like -0.25 to get an inset shadow.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,809
    @Liz_A, wasn't there a time when you couldn't type in the size in MTC?  That's what I'm vaguely remembering... there was only a slider bar.  In a later version, you could enter the size by typing it in.

@dargus, once you click on the size slider bar once, see if you can then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the slider in small increments.  If left/right arrows do not work, try the up/down arrow keys. 

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/