We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Random lines cut through designs

jenscakeryjenscakery Member Posts: 3
edited November 19 in General
Please help! I am cutting a design I've got 100s of times before. Now it's cutting with a mind of it's own....cuts some of the design, then cuts random straight/diagonal lines straight through everything.

I've looked for updates (none), change the laptop I'm usng, turned the cricut off and on again, even re-inported the SVG file, no joy. NB in Design Space, my design looks great. No random lines on the screen.

I'm cutting permanent vinyl and using a cricut explore air 2.

NB since I last cut this design, I've used the cricut for cardboard. Not a huge amount though. Also the design I'm cutting doesn't look as perfect as usual - it's letters and some look "fatter" than others. I've order a new blade as never changed it. (Would an old blade cause random lines to be cut though?? The cuts themselves are nice and clean. Just random and striaght through everything!!)

Thanks so much, JEn
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• jenscakeryjenscakery Member Posts: 3
    SOrry....I'm new, didn't mean to post this in the "resolved issues" folder and now can't delete  it?! sorry sorry

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,284
    Welcome to the Make The Cut software support forum. It sounds like you are using the Cricut cutter and software. Make the Cut does not work with That cutter. Unfortunately Provocraft did away with their official forums years ago. For help with their cutters and programs, you will need to contact their support or, if you do Facebook, look for a FB group that supports that line and software. Good luck.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • jenscakeryjenscakery Member Posts: 3
    Doh!! Thanks so much. Just typed in the first helpful looking forum I found, didn't spot it was the wrong cutter!!

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,777
    @jenscakery - good luck resolving your issue elsewhere. And just as a note, to change the Category you posted to, click the star icon to the right of the title you created and edit your post, change the Category.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,809
    Try a different USB cable if you're connected that way. If you're connected via Bluetooth, try a USB connected to see if it makes any difference. For sure, random cutting with any cutter can often be tied to a data issue as the cut file is sent from the software to the cutter.

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/