We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Print and Cut Contour (Shadow) weld?

Read the PDF on adding a contour to an image. It says to weld the image and the shadow layer. When I weld them and look at print preview...no shadow layer. If I DON'T weld, and just delete the image layer, at cutting, all is well. Am I missing something?   
A grandma's name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. -- William Shakespeare

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,624
    edited September 6

is the bottom image the result your wanting ? black colored shadow

weld you join or weld object the attributes of the upper most object in the layer stack
    so the shadow adopts the fill of the trace which is the image and also because the shadow is larger the no colour mask surrounding it

Instead of doing weld
    Select both objects and try texture snap shot
    result will vary depend on how good the trace is

the other method would be print with the trace and shadow visible then hide the trace layer before cutting

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • DreamStreetRoseDreamStreetRose Member Posts: 242
    Yes, it is.
    And I will try the 'texture snapshot'
    Thanks so much! 😉
    A grandma's name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. -- William Shakespeare