We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Another Newbie

kkorotevkkorotev Member Posts: 2
I have had my $138/2.5 watt laser engraver from EBAY for about a week and am having a ball engraving wood slices for key fobs/luggage tags, etc.  I am assuming the limited power is making a significant difference on the engraving quality based on the species of wood I'm using.  It is trial and error.
I would love to get opinions on what would be a good "step up" size, brand model?  10 watts, more?  I'd realy like to cut quarter inch wood slices.
I'm on a retiree's budget.
Ideas?
Kevin 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,772
    @kkorotev - hey Kevin welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum where we support users of the Make The Cut! software and its supported drag blade cutters. MTC doesn't support any of the laser engravers. You will find better success by seeking out a forum specifically for laser engravers, try Facebook, lots of groups there. Good luck!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • kkorotevkkorotev Member Posts: 2