We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC Gallery

bea4himbea4him Member Posts: 28
 I haven't used MTC for awhile now, but the last time I did I was able to access the Gallery.  Now when I try, it says it is unavailable. Could someone give me some instruction please? Thank you!

Comments

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,800
    Any Gallery files prior to 1/1/13 have been lost.  You can download most of the gallery files from these two links, provided by volunteers here: 

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • bea4himbea4him Member Posts: 28
    But I used this last year and had no problem with the Gallery. Now, its just all unavailable.
    OK..Everything is coming up unavailable! I tried to reregister, but I cant even do that.

Do I need to redownload? It use to be free with Zing, now it looks like I have to pay. When I went to the official MTC software site and even that link came up unavailable! I am so frustrated.

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,800
    The MTC site looks to be down right now. I have no clue if it's now permanently gone or will be back up tomorrow. No one tells us volunteers ANYTHING.  This is why those two links above for recovering files is available to MTC owners... some of us worked to get these two sites set up to provide files before the Gallery was gone forever. 

If you need help with your Zing, post specific Zing questions and I'm here. But I also don't know if this forum will always be here or not. Nothing relates to MTC is tied to your Zing... which is KNK USA's product. MTC is its own product and the owner abandoned the software years ago.  If you need my help and the forum isn't here, then you should take note of my email right now:  [email protected]   
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,766
    @bea4him, @SandyMcC - the error message you get when trying to access the make-the-cut.com website is the same error as the PCS. I am suggesting that this is the beginning of the end.

The Gallery is hosted on the same server, so same error message, again, not likely to come back. The next step will be that this forum disappears.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    So MTC is no longer going to be available?  Is there another software that can be used with the Zing? Also, when I saved files from MTC, they were always saved as MTC file. Is there away to change them to just SVG files?  Thank you both for the input.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,766
    edited August 8
    @bea4him - yes other software choice that is very popular - Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) supports lots of cutters including Zing and other KNK cutters.

Remember its just the www.make-the-cut.com website that is not working. MTC works just fine, and will continue to work for a long time yet.

For converting, open your MTC file:

- Select All (CTRL+A)
    - File => Export => Sel. to SVG

File is saved as SVG. But you have all the time in the world. MTC still works, and will continue to work until such time that Windows decides not to support 32 bit programs which is what MTC is. SCAL has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions available for Windows. If you have a computer 3 years or younger chances are very likely it's 64 bit, but MTC still works just fine. That will continue for the foreseeable future.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    WHEW! I thought I was a gonner...lol Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it.