We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

cameo 4 mat

CD82CD82 Member Posts: 3
edited August 5 in Help for Make The Cut
so i have a cameo 4 and i got the kit from amazon and im unhappy. 
i have ruined like 10 pieces of vinyl because the mat is so sticky.
when i go to peel the vinyl off it stick to the mat and ruins what ever i have done..
sometimes it just wads the vinyl up the blade doesnt self adjust? 

but why is the darn mat so sticky ? 
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,598
    I have no idea why the mat is so sticky.  Did you apply the adhesive to it yourself?  One thing to try is using a terry towel or a t-shirt and just wad it up and press it down on the mat all over.  Might even do it 2 or 3 times.  It should leave some very fine cloth fibers on the mat, which would make it a bit less sticky.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,728
    @CD82 - use a clean fluffy towel, lay it on the sticky mat, use a rolling pin and roll it a few times. Life the towel and check stickiness by pressing your hand down on the mat and lifting. If the mat stays stuck to your hand, repeat. If the mat drops after a few seconds it should be just right.

The mat is so sticky because its meant to be used with very heavy duty materials. It sounds like it could be the fabric one, which requires a stronger tack in order to keep the fabric from lifting when you cut. Google and see what types of mats you should be using for the material you are cutting.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • CD82CD82 Member Posts: 3
    no i didnt apply the adhesive.  i wound up sending it back  blade never adjusted properly sometimes it would cut all the way though sometimes it wouldnt  sounded like something was dragging inside    kinda dsapointed
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,728
    @CD82 - so you returned the cutter?
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • CD82CD82 Member Posts: 3
    yes i did return it..  i think i had got a bad one  it wasnt working correctly  not sure ill get another investment there  was bad i think