We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Measuring the size text you want to cut

Busybee1234Busybee1234 Member Posts: 1
I am very new to Cricut, received my Cricut explore air 2 today. I’m struggling with cutting correct size text. I’m using an iPad. I’ve done a sample name and I want to print it at 4.5cm width and 2.5cm height. I’m using the Cricut design app, I’m on the canvas page, I selected the font, moved the letters to where I wanted them and then moved up to top left corner ready for cutting to minimise the vinyl used. When I press make it goes on to another screen and all the letters of the word are jumbled and every size material I choose it either says to font large or changes the size I have already put in! Help I can’t find information anywhere! Why did it jumble the letters up when I changed to the next screen and how do I put in what size vinyl I’m using? Please help. 

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,679
    edited August 1
    @Busybee1234 - this is the Make The Cut! software forum. We don't support the Cricut Explore Air 2 or any other Cricut.

That said, Cricut has been having a terrible time with their cloud software, its been updated and updated and still people are experiencing issues. This could be one of them.

Font sizes are set by choosing a font size. 72 points will print at approximately 1 inch high. So do the math, 36 points is 1/2 inch, 18 points is 1/4", etc. Once you have the size height wise set, use the sizing handles to adjust the width.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip-LkdtfTAQ - check out this video, it highlights mistakes new people may make, in your case it seems to fit.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,598
    And of course you can use Google to convert between inches and centimetres.