We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Foiling transparencys printer

rybygrybyg Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I discovered this forum after my big dissapointment in my new printer purchase searching for some solution:

I bough a LaserJet ProM454dw with the intention of making some transparency foiling (inserts for resin) as after checking different tutorials everyone said the most important thing it's "you need a laser printer" , but after several trials with this one seems like the toner is not compatible with the foiling thing...Then I saw another post in this forum saying that color laser printers doesn't print a pure black so it won't be suitable for foiling.
Now I am in the process of refunding this one and looking to buy a monochrome laser printer I have been checking different ones and I like this "

Xerox B210 A4 Mono Laser Printer"  or any brother seems good (as far as I saw in the video tutorials)

Can someone more experience point me in the right direction by telling me some good and not expensive mono laser printers that actually works for foiling?

Thank you!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,678
    @rybyg - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum. Here we support users of the software program called Make The Cut!. While some users also do foiling using the toner method, it isn't something we actually support here.

That said, why haven't you looked to see what information is available about the foil material you are going to use...that would make more sense to ask these questions in a community of people already experiencing success (or failure) with the foil and the laser printer that they use. So I know that Deco Foil is a popular foil. Here is a FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/allthingsdecofoil/

Join that and ask what printers are people using, before you purchase. B/W printer is just fine, you don't need colour.

From my own experience a monotone (black only) Brother laser printer worked just fine with the above. Make sure that you are not using a Draft setting for printing, and make sure your laminator is at the correct temperature for foiling.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,678
    PS edit your post by clicking the star in the right corner of the Title and change the Discussion group from "Resolved" to General. Since you just asked this, it's not a Resolved issue.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.