We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

CRICUT MAKER - cutting heavy chipboard help

mrt33mrt33 Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I just purchased a knife blade with intentions of cutting some heavy chipboard (cricut brand 2.0mm heavy chipboard) but i'm running into an issue. My project is 8.621x10.5, when I select 'make it' - design space does not recognize heavy chipboard as a compatible material, only light chipboard. What am I doing wrong? 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,746
    @mrt33 - well if you can't choose heavy chipboard, then that's a program limitation. My first instinct is to say, buy another cutter that isn't so limited, but some people might not like that, LOL!!! 

So choose the heaviest material on the list, reduce the speed and increased the number of passes. Know that you will likely NOT be able to get very detailed cuts from this material.

Additionally find a Cricut specific forum...this one is for the SOFTWARE Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. Cricuts are not supported!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.