We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help!! New-ish to Cricut

chelsealeighmcgchelsealeighmcg Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone! I am hosting a baby shower and I am fairly new to cricut. I found some inspiration from Etsy and figured it would be something I could do myself fairly easy with my explorer2. I will attach a picture of said inspiration but I almost need step by step instructions on how I would go about this. I would like to be able to have the floral and text be print to cut and I would like it on that same brown paper.... but I’m running into problems when it comes to print then cut with the paper not being white. I would prefer this to be all one piece, don’t want to have to glue things on. The other problem I was running into was trying to change the text from draw to print.... it won’t allow me to do so. I’ve tried creating it outside of design space and uploading as an image back into canvas but it just gets too washed out if I do that. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,679
    @chelsealeighmcgwelcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. The software does not support Cricut, so I am quite sure that you are not using Make The Cut!

That said, yes you will find that the optic eye or laser whichever one the cutter is using will not like trying to find the reg marks on darker paper. So the trick is to figure out where they will be printed by printing on plain paper, and stick on a white label, cut it up to be just as big as needed, where those reg marks will print. This should fool the cutter.

Is the text actually a jpg that was imported or did you use the text tool to create it?

Make sure the text isn't grouped with anything else. Make sure the Fill for the text is set to Print. Select the text AND the shape you are using to make the shape of the tag and choose Flatten. Now it should let you print and then just cut the shapes.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Ignore the duplicate post.