We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo 4 problem

tijsje1997tijsje1997 Member Posts: 2
Hello people! :)

A few weeks ago i bought the Silhouette Cameo 4. 
From the beginning I had the idea that it was not cutting correctly. 

I am cutting the Oracal 951 and Oracal 751 C and i have this problem with both vinyls.
As u can see in the picture the vinyl got damaged. I tried multiple settings on the Cameo, and i could not find an solution...

Could u people maybe help me? Thank you!

Pictures above and below! 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,721
    @tijsje1997 - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. The Cameo 4 cutters are not fully supported, and it appears that you are using Silhouette Studio not Make The Cut!.

Are you using the ratchet blade holder or some other blade holder?

Have you looked at the blade holder to see if some small pieces of the vinyl have managed to get up inside the blade holder?

Have you chosen the correct material? My list of materials in English includes Oracal 651. Do you have this on your list?
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • tijsje1997tijsje1997 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reaction!

I am using the autoblade, I checked if there was any vinyl inside. But I did not find anything...

I am using the Oracal 751C and Oracal 951!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,721
    @tijsje1997 - you are welcome!

So I would start by only doing test cuts with a small shape like a donut (circle with a hole in it). That way you can lift out the hole and check to see how the cut goes.

You can also make custom changes to the settings for vinyl - in Material Settings (you'll have to figure out what that is in your language (Dutch?)) - that you are cutting. Maybe slightly increase the blade depth (but be careful not to cut through the backing) and maybe do 2 passes. Your speed seems to be ok. Then save the setting and test with the test shape (donut). Make more changes until your test shape is perfect! Now try your file.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.