We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Air 2 vs Maker

Hiya!

I am looking at buying a Cricut to make my own vinyl labels and also hair bows for my daughter from faux leather and vinyl. Was wondering if the Air 2 would be ok for this or if I should pay the extra for a Maker??

Would hate to buy one and regret it.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,762
    @Jemalee - since this is a forum that supports the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters, and the Cricuts are not supported, you might wait a long time for an answer. The visits to this website are dwindling due to the fact that the software is now outdated and unsupported. I would move on over to a Cricuts specific forum, and look for a direct comparison between the two cutters. The Make is more expensive but offers a much better pressure for cutting more challenging materials, and has more tools to buy as accessories. You might be able to find one being sold by someone who bought one and can't figure it out, or doesn't use it, there's a lot of that, LOL!!! Their loss is your gain.

Start with the Cricut website. Be warned, the software for designing and cutting for Cricuts is so terrible, I would suggest you purchase and learn something like Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL). You will still need the software for cutting, but that's not too bad.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.