We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Metal die requests

dhchickdhchick Member Posts: 95
Hello fellow mtc pros. Although I own and regularly use my maxx air and I absolutely love it! I still use my spellbinders platinum machine. I Love the beveled look of metal dies on the cardstock and the embossed portions, not to mention the stitching on some newer dies. My question is, what metal dies do you wish were available? I personally cant get enough box dies. They are alot faster to cut in my platinum machine but, sadly, they dont often come in a large size
cutting with a 24" maxx air

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    @dhchick - long time no hear from you!! Good to see your post. I absolutely love metal dies for the same reason you do...that beautiful beveled look on the edges, how various depths of the embossing, etc. I won't ever get rid of my Big Shot, I think it would be a very long time before we ever see cutters that would be able to pivot the blade holder to angle the tool to make edges like that. I would certainly love to have a bigger selection of things like boxes, or ones that make those intricate trifold cards with cutouts, etc. I haven't really paid attention, is the supply of metal dies fading away?

Cheers!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,696
    @Liz_A, do you recall someone posting on one of the FB groups about achieving the beveled look by... doing something after the cut?  Maybe it was just using a stylus and manually tracing around the edges?  I'm remembering "something" but not sure which group or which member posted their tip. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,604
    edited June 18
    I rolled them in my die cutter with a rubber mat on top
    it softens the raw edge a little very dependant on the cardstock I think
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    @SandyMcC - I vaguely recall that...but not too much on the details. I myself personally wouldn't be able to do that very well, ha ha, I would likely ruin whatever it was! I think I like the idea of using an embossing tool first - but only if you have a cutter that has a good pressure - then cutting. Someone posted that tip (one of the Michelles/Micheles?) for cutting a paper that was problematic. It could apply here.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.