We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help Cricut Explore Air 2 Defaulting to Letter Size

loisfrenchloisfrench Member Posts: 1
edited June 16 in Off Topic
Hi newbie to the Cricut here who's coming to her wits end with this machine!

So far only managed to cut circles, hearts and raindrops (I make paper garlands). 

It seems that when I upload new images to cut the machine defaults to Letter size whereas I need the material size to be 30 by 30 (Standard Mat). However, there is no drop-down menu next to the material size bar for me to change this. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can sort this? As of right now my machine feels like an overpriced hole punch with a lot more stress added :') 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    @loisfrench - welcome to the Make The Cut! software support forum where we support users of the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. Make The Cut! does not support any of the Cricut cutters, so we will assume that you're using the very limiting Cricut Design Space, and for cutting you don't have any other choices. You could use 3rd party software for designing which would easily overcome the issues you are experiencing, and I assume the mat you are using is 30 cm x 30 cm which would translate to a 12 x 12 mat here in North America. We would recommend SCAL - Sure Cuts A Lot - as Make The Cut! is abandonware...the developer has abandoned the software, is not maintaining it nor updating it.

For your issue...can you give more details....when I use Cricut Design Space (for support issues only) I get a list of Material sizes and the 12 x 12 inch mat is auto selected. What language of the software are you using?

Understand your frustration...just to be very honest or blunt, my first cutter was a Cricut back in 2006. However, since ProvoCraft acts in bad faith and has stubbornly and resolutely hung on to their archaic ways of wanting everything about their cutters and accessories to be proprietary and no other 3rd parties can support them yet they can only offer crappy, bad software for their cutters, you couldn't even give me a Cricut for free!! LOL
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.